“CASCADIA RIVALRY EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES” RULES & REGULATIONS
How to Enter
No purchase is necessary to enter the Cascadia Rivalry Experience Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), and there are two ways to enter, subject to section 6 below.
- Online: To enter, complete an entry form online at www.WhitecapsFC.com/Chevron. Customers who visit the URL from a mobile phone or smartphone may be charged for all data used according to the terms of his/her data-rate plan with his/her wireless provider. Mobile phone or smartphone internet and data access is not available in all areas. Only one (1) online entry form per person per day will be accepted.
By Mail: To enter, fill out a 3" x 5" index card with the heading “Cascadia Rivalry Experience Sweepstakes Entry”, the date, their name, address, phone number, date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format, e-mail address, and mobile number (or fax number), and then mail the completed card to:
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Suite 550 - The Landing - 375 Water Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Attention: Cascadia Rivalry Experience Sweepstakes
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time) on March 1, 2014 and closes at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on April 30, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
All entries from URL must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on April 30, 2014.
All manual entry forms must be received at the above address by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), on April 30, 2014. Only one (1) manual entry form per envelope per day will be accepted. Mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Manual entry forms will be subject to verification and may be declared null and void by Vancouver Whitecaps FC in its sole discretion if the manual entry form does not contain all of the information required by Section 1(ii) above.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is not responsible for URL or manual entry forms which are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, have insufficient postage, or are otherwise in any way not entered or eligible for the Sweepstakes.
On May 9, 2014 at approximately 10:00am (Pacific Time), a random draw from all valid entry forms received within the Sweepstakes Period (the “Prize Draw”) will be conducted at Vancouver Whitecaps FC head office in Vancouver, British Columbia or at the location of AdSport, Inc. (the “Contest Administrator”). The Vancouver Whitecaps FC computer system or that of the Contest Administrator will be used to make the drawings. The odds of winning the Prize in this Sweepstakes are dependent upon the total number of eligible entry forms received during the Sweepstakes Period.
The Sweepstakes grand prize (the “Prize”) consists of:
o A prize package for each of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC away Cascadia Rivalry matches and tickets to each of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC home Cascadia Rivalry matches, as set out below. This prize has an approximate retail value of C$4,250.00.00 comprising:
- Round trip commercial air travel from Vancouver, BC to Portland, OR and one night of double occupancy room accommodation at the designated team hotel (or if space is not available at the designated team hotel, then accommodation at an equivalent hotel) for winner and one (1) guest for the June 1, 2014 match between Vancouver Whitecaps FC and the Portland Timbers.
- Round trip commercial air travel on the same plane as the Team from Vancouver, BC to Portland, OR and two nights of double occupancy room accommodation at the designated team hotel (or if space is not available at the designated team hotel, then accommodation at an equivalent hotel) for winner and one (1) guest for the September 20, 2014 match between Vancouver Whitecaps FC and the Portland Timbers.
- Accommodation for one night of double occupancy room accommodation at the designated team hotel (or if space is not available at the designated team hotel, then accommodation at an equivalent hotel) for winner and one (1) guest and C$100 (one hundred Canadian dollars) towards parking expenses in Seattle, WA for the October 10, 2014 match between Vancouver Whitecaps FC and the Seattle Sounders.
Two (2) tickets to each of the following Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches:
- May 24, 2014 vs. Seattle Sounders FC at BC Place Stadium
- June 1, 2014 @ Portland Timbers at Jeld-wen Field.
- July 5, 2014 vs. Seattle Sounders FC at BC Place Stadium.
- August 30, 2014 vs. Portland Timbers at BC Place Stadium.
- September 20, 2014 @ Portland Timbers at Jeld-wen Field.
- o October 10, 2014 @ Seattle Sounders FC at Centurylink Field.
Fifty dollars ($50.00) BC Place Stadium food and beverage voucher for each of the following Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches:
- May 24, 2014 vs. Seattle Sounders FC
- July 5, 2014 vs. Seattle Sounders FC
- August 30, 2014 vs. Portland Timbers
One (1) Whitecaps FC gear pack to include:
- Whitecaps FC jersey
- Whitecaps FC shirt
- Whitecaps FC knit hat
- Whitecaps FC jacket
- Whitecaps FC scarf
- Five Hundred Canadian Dollars (C$500.00) in Chevron Gift Certificates
Distribution of Prize
Selected entrant must claim the Prize as directed by Vancouver Whitecaps FC or the Contest Administrator by no later than ten (10) business days after the date of the Prize Draw (or as otherwise determined by Vancouver Whitecaps FC or the Contest Administrator), and all components of the Prize must be accepted as awarded. If the selected entrant has not claimed the Prize within this period, then he/she will forfeit any right to the Prize and Vancouver Whitecaps FC or the Contest Administrator may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner or withdraw the Prize. In addition, if the selected entrant accepts the Prize, but is unable to redeem one or more components of the Prize for any reason whatsoever, such components shall also be forfeited in their entirety.
The Sweepstakes is only open to residents of British Columbia who are 19 years old at the time of entry. Employees of Vancouver Whitecaps FC, its advertising agencies, Chevron Canada Limited and its promotion and service agencies including the Contest Administrator, as well as Chevron Canada Limited Retailers and their employees, and members of their respective immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children and each of their spouses) and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Before being declared a prizewinner, the selected entrant must successfully answer without assistance or mechanical aid, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question as a condition to receiving the Prize.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC or the Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any selected entrant who:
- cannot be reached by Vancouver Whitecaps FC or the Contest Administrator by telephone or email, or has not responded to telephone or email messages left within five (5) business days of the Prize Draw; or
- is unwilling or unable to comply with the Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations; or
- has not correctly answered the skill-testing question within the allotted time; or
- has not claimed the Prize as directed by Vancouver Whitecaps FC within ten (10) business days of the Prize Draw; or
- has tampered or attempted to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or
- has not signed the Declaration, Release and Waiver Form in the form required by Vancouver Whitecaps FC within ten (10) business days of the Prize Draw; or
- for any reason whatsoever is unable or does not wish to accept the Prize as awarded; or
- was not 19 years old at the time of entry; or
- is not eligible by law; or
j. is deemed by Vancouver Whitecaps FC, in its sole discretion, to be ineligible, disqualified, or in non compliance for any reason whatsoever.
In all such cases, the selected entrant will forfeit his/her right to the Prize without compensation and Vancouver Whitecaps FC may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate prizewinner or withdraw the Prize.
Entry Forms Property of Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Once completed and submitted, all entry forms are the property of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and will not be returned for any reason whatsoever.
Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrants unconditionally agree to be bound by the Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations. The entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of Vancouver Whitecaps FC regarding the Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations or in any way relating to this Sweepstakes, as may be determined by Vancouver Whitecaps FC in its sole discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
Privacy / Use of Personal Information
All personal information of the entrants collected through the Sweepstakes ("Personal Information"), such as their name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address is collected for the purposes of administering and promoting this Sweepstakes. Each entrant by entering the Sweepstakes consents to and grants Vancouver Whitecaps FC the right to collect, use and disclose their Personal Information for the purpose of administering and promoting the Sweepstakes.
Neither Vancouver Whitecaps FC nor Chevron Canada Limited nor any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, suppliers or otherwise make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in relation to the Prize, including without limitation quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
By entering into this Sweepstakes, all entrants (including the prizewinner) hereby agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Major League Soccer LLC, Soccer United Marketing LLC, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, suppliers, AdSport, Inc., Chevron Canada Limited and its directors, officers, employees, agents and retailers, and advertising, promotion and service agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, including all of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents, from any and all loss, harm, liability, claims, damages, causes of action, costs or expense of any kind whatsoever with respect to or arising out of:
- the entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes;
- the entrant's participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity;
- the entrant's acceptance, use, misuse or any other matter in relation to the Prize;
- the distribution of the Prize; or
the administration of the Sweepstakes.
Limitations of Liability
Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Chevron Canada Limited, and their retailers and AdSport, Inc. are not responsible for and will assume no liability for:
- entry forms which are lost, late, delayed, incomplete, postage due, illegible, damaged, destroyed, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled, incorrectly addressed, misdirected, mechanically reproduced or are otherwise in any way not entered or eligible for the Sweepstakes;
- incorrect or inaccurate information in the entry forms or in relation to the administration of the Sweepstakes whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur, including without limitation typographical errors;
- telephone, technical, network, online, electronic or computer failures of any kind regardless of the cause in relation to the administration of the Sweepstakes;
- the failure of Vancouver Whitecaps FC to notify any selected entrant that their name has been drawn for any reason whatsoever;
- the failure of Vancouver Whitecaps FC to receive a selected entrant’s response for any reason whatsoever;
- theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entry forms;
- any error in compiling entry forms;
- any error in awarding the Prize;
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of Vancouver Whitecaps FC which disrupts or interferes with the Sweepstakes; or
any other similar events or circumstances whatsoever.
Declaration, Release and Waiver Form
Prior to being awarded the Prize, the selected entrant must sign and return a Declaration, Release and Waiver Form in the form required by Vancouver Whitecaps FC and any other documentation required by Vancouver Whitecaps FC, which will include without limitation:
- confirmation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes;
- confirmation of compliance with the Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations; and
a release of Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Chevron Canada Limited and AdSport, Inc. and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners and all of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability for any damage or loss related to, resulting or arising from or in connection with the Prize or the Sweepstakes.
If Vancouver Whitecaps FC does not receive the selected entrant’s Declaration, Release and Waiver Form prior to or concurrently with the awarding of the Prize in accordance with these Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations, then such selected entrant forfeit his/her right to the Prize and Vancouver Whitecaps FC may select an alternate prizewinner or withdraw the Prize.
Use of Name, Image, etc.
By acceptance of the Prize, prizewinner consents to the use of his or her name, city and province of residence, biographical information, likeness, videos, photographs, voice, statements or testimonials in any advertising, promotion and for publicity purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes, other promotions and for general news and information purposes, without further compensation or notice.
Costs and Expenses and Taxes
Prizewinner will be responsible for any and all costs and expenses in connection with the Prize, including without limitation any insurance, taxes, additional hotel charges or any other charges.
Compliance with Laws
This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations.
Reservation of Right to Terminate
At any time and without notice, Vancouver Whitecaps FC may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes in whole or in part or alter the Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations.
List of Winners
For a listing of the name of the prizewinner, entrants may send a self-addressed stamped envelope within fourteen (14) days of the date of the Prize Draw to:
Suite 550 - The Landing - 375 Water Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Attention: Cascadia Rivalry Experience Sweepstakes