Operations Crew Member
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently looking for people interested in joining the Operations Crew. This is a part time role that primarily supports the operational deliverables for WFC2 matches at UBC Thunderbird Stadium, but may also include WFC matches at BC Place and auxiliary events throughout the Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate will be able to lift up to 50lbs independently, and have experience working in a labour intensive environment.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Working within a team of 4-6 event operations crew members to convert Thunderbird Stadium into a WFC2 branded stadium
- Set up tents and activation areas in a timely and efficient manner
- Hang banners and signage ensuring that they look presentable
- With direction from the Operations Supervisor, deliver on match-day requirements
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the event operations inventory
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day Whitecaps special events
- Must work extremely well in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and ability to take direction from others is required
- Must be able to comfortably lift 50lbs
- Attention to detail is a must
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful outlook
- Clean Class 5 Driver’s License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position will require weekend and evening work.
Operations Crew team members will be scheduled in accordance with the Whitecaps FC / WFC 2 home match schedule, with strong consideration given to performance. It is requested that all Operations Crew members provide availability for at least 12 matches though there is no guarantee of shifts.
Operations Crew team members will receive an hourly wage for the period of time worked. Along with this,
Crew will also receive:
- “adidas” Crew Uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary staff meal during shift
- Whitecaps match tickets, based on availability
- Whitecaps post-season social
- Additional event management opportunities throughout the season
Please send your applications / CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 2015.
CAPS CREW NEEDS TEAM MEMBERS!
The Caps Crew Team is an integral part of the Whitecaps FC Organization. We are reliant on dedicated an enthusiastic people to help ensure a successful execution of match days.
We offer a rewarding opportunity to become engaged in your community and to gain useful experience within the sports industry.
We are looking for greeters/ushers, parking attendants, access control, ticket services, stadium set up and take down, runners, and other related roles.
Job Requirements for all Positions
- Friendly and personable
- Confident, articulate and enthusiastic
- Excellent people skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- Knowledgeable and passionate about soccer
- Interest in a career in media or sports management is an asset
Volunteers are required to work at a minimum of 10 WFC2 matches at Thunderbird Stadium. Please review the schedule online to ensure you can meet this requirement.
Being part of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC Caps Crew team provides valuable experience and knowledge about the professional sports industry. Opportunities include networking with Club staff, contacts and partners, and engaging with a community of like-minded peers. In addition, individuals will be able to watch a portion of the match during scheduled volunteer shifts.
Volunteers will receive the following benefits:
- “adidas” Volunteer Uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary food & beverage during shift
- Volunteer social activities throughout the season
- Whitecaps tickets
- Whitecaps post-season party
- Prizes and rewards throughout the season
If you are a highly organized, dynamic and community minded individual with a passion for sport and events we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume to email@example.com, listing the roles you would like to be considered for.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration