SOCCER OPERATIONS OFFICE PRACTICUM, CO-OP OR INTERNERSHIP
Under the supervision of the Head of First Team Player Relations and Administration, the Soccer Operations Office Intern will receive first-hand experience into the back-office operations of a professional football club. The overall aim of the position is to supply the highest standards of administrative support to the soccer operations department at Vancouver Whitecaps FC. This is an unpaid practicum, internship or Co-op placement.
- Office Administration
- General administrative support for the Soccer Operations department (i.e. letter writing, report filing, couriering, ordering office supplies, IT requests, etc.)
- Upkeep the club’s central player database as it relates to biographical and contact information
- Ensure inter-office (Front Office and Training Centre) mail and communications are delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Submit medical insurance claims on behalf of players and seek reimbursements from insurance providers when appropriate
- Assist the Specialist, First Team Operations with per diem requests and tracking
- Develop team travel itineraries and travel diaries
- Player Services
- In consultation with the Specialist, First Team Operations, ensure welcome packages are prepared and delivered to all incoming players and trialists
- Manage hotel and flight bookings for individual players coming into and out of Vancouver
- Help coordinate new player orientation trips to familiarize incoming players and their families with the city and the club
- Provide player transportation when appropriate
- Match Day
- Prepare visiting team packages and drop off to visiting team hotel
- Manage game day accreditation requests and family suite passes
- Edit match day timelines for posting in the team locker room
- Act as visiting team and referee liaison as needed (coverage)
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- MUST be registered in a practicum, internship or co-op program at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution in an applicable field and receive credit towards your certificate/diploma/degree for the work experience in our program
- Demonstrated and validated moral character; superior instincts and discretion
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, energetic and committed to excellence
- Must be legally able to drive in British Columbia
Qualified students are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org listing Soccer Operations Office Intern in the subject line.
Please indicate that you meet the requirements in your cover letter.
MANAGER, PARTNERSHIP & HOSPITALITY SALES
The Partnership Sales department of Vancouver Whitecaps FC is a fast-paced, and results oriented environment. The Manager, Partnership & Hospitality Sales is a sales focused role in which the successful candidate needs to be comfortable with cold calls, generating new leads and managing the sales pipeline for sponsorship as well as corporate suites. S/he will be expected to deliver on aggressive sales targets and to continuously generate leads to grow sponsorship, advertising and suites revenue.
Reporting structure: Based in Vancouver at the club’s head office, the Manager, Partnership & Hospitality Sales reports directly to the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
- Generate sponsorship revenue through partnership and advertising sales for both Whitecaps FC (MLS) and WFC2 (USL), including the club’s growing soccer development programs.
- Play a key role in filling the sponsorship pipeline year-round by researching identified prospects and creating a detailed sales strategy for each.
- Prospect, negotiate and close deals that focus specifically on sponsorship, advertising and corporate suites revenues for the organization.
- Work with the Partnerships team to initiate and grow sustainable client relationships.
- Maintain an indirect relationship with the Ticket Sales team to ensure continuity of messaging and leads tracking between departments.
- Generate new corporate revenue by identifying prospective clients and strategic partners through various channels.
- Create, organize and maintain sponsor and advertiser contracts as well as other legal documents.
- Assist in the creation and management of the organization’s sales process and strategies for sponsorship.
- Help define and establish new sponsorship properties within the organization, in partnership with other internal departments.
- Prepare proposals, presentations and reports for the Director, Corporate Partnerships and other club executives.
- Keep up to date with current developments in the sports marketing industry (specifically sponsorship and corporate hospitality) and utilize this information to guide strategy for potential new proposals and properties.
- Maintain an up-to-date and working knowledge of soccer, the MLS and Whitecaps FC as well as the competitive landscape in Canada, North America and around the globe.
- Collaborate and work closely with Partnership Marketing to assist in delivery of contractual partnership elements, events and match day hosting opportunities including coordination of corporate suites each match.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Comfort and experience with both cold calling and consultative sales.
- Successful track record in delivering on sales targets.
- Commitment to a team environment and working closely with others to ensure team success.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to, communicating and negotiating with, senior-level and C-level executives.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines and aggressive financial targets.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast paced work environment.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision while being accountable for those decisions.
- Strong experience crafting compelling and impactful sales presentations.
- Excellent organization, time-management and administrative skills essential.
- Attention to detail and a strong sales focus are essential.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and social media.
- Assets include previous experience selling digital/online advertising; working with Salesforce; and a passion for sports and soccer in particular.
This role will require the ability and willingness to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends for games, special events and other club initiatives. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
If you are legally entitled to work in Canada, please submit your application to:
Wendy Wait, Senior Manager, Human Resources in care of:
Ellie Wright: email@example.com
This posting will remain active until a short list of candidates has been established for interviewing.