Account EXECUTIVE – FAN SERVICES
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a highly organized, professional and friendly individual for the position of Account Executive – Fan Services.
As a member of our hard working customer service team you will:
- Manage assigned accounts with Whitecaps season ticket holders;
- Provide superior customer service to season ticket account holders as well as all fans;
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service;
- Answer the customer service line/email and respond to ticket inquiries, general inquiries and service accordingly;
- Help grow our supporter base by assisting in identifying and facilitating new sales and upgrades;
- Manage season ticket holder requests, expectations;
- Follow up with outstanding accounts and declined payments in a timely manner;
- Assist in the renewal and relocation campaigns;
- Assist with game day duties, as required;
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner;
- Opportunity to be the Project Lead on a customer service related programs
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High degree of professionalism
- 2-3 years of Customer Service experience; must love dealing with the public
- Project management or Loyalty program experience a benefit
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If your qualifications meet the above, please email your cover letter and resume by end of business Thursday, December 12th to:
Manager, Human Resources
Please include job title in subject line.
*Late submissions will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Retail Event Manager - Gameday Merchandising
Gameday Merchandising delivers the entire Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club merchandise program working directly alongside the club to fulfil the fan with all of their product needs. The Retail Event Manager is primarily responsible for managing staff and driving sales within the event. Alongside the General Manager, this role focuses on developing and upholding consistent processes and procedures to ensure operational success and consistency every match day. The role deals with product management, logistics and inventory on a daily basis. A unique opportunity, large responsibility with fantastic growth potential for the right candidate to develop a wide array of skills within a dynamic sports retail environment within the Whitecaps brand. Entry level management position. Retail background strongly recommended.
Reporting structure: General Manager Retail Operations Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oversee all kiosk operations on an event night, developing initiatives to improve kiosk functions.
- Act as the front-line leader/trainer to all Event Staff employees in all locations on event days and alongside the GM, oversee all operational elements.
- Give detailed, informative briefings to all staff and stand leads.
- Reinforces execution of Gameday Customer service plan in keeping with the frame set of Gameday mission and values.
- Work with event staff to ensure inventory levels and restock needs are communicated & met.
- Ensure correct merchandising techniques are being used and utilized in each kiosk.
- Empowers stand leads to make decisions based on our policies and procedures and execute with common sense and the customer in mind. Following up at every opportunity with staff.
- Build the Kiosk checklists and implement at each event.
- Ensure proper cash handling, credit card processing procedures and till balancing during events.
- Ensure closing paperwork has been verified and issues trouble-shooting prior to cash being handed in.
- Responsible for all customer issues, resolving immediately or within 24 hours.
- Meets regularly with GM and Stand leads to evaluate the state of the business and action plan.
- Scheduling part-time employees, inform staff of upcoming events, strategies and interesting engaging information.
- Event balancing and reporting sales figures to senior management.
- Builds and deliver roster sheets and templates for all games inputting informative and brand building data for our stand leads to refer to, learn from and implement on the retail staff.
- Perform and lead inventory counts alongside the GM.
- Receive deliveries, distribute and transfer to appropriate inventories.
- Manage the logistics, sales reports and movement of product for assigned Gameday clients.
- Assist in fulfilling web orders and developing protocol for web inventory.
- Alongside GM, hire staff & develop recognition program.
- Co-ordinates all general maintenance in warehouse and in venue.
- Handle and lead other projects as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED - The above job description is a guideline and tasks not limited to the above
- A secondary school diploma with a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience in a retail environment.
- Passionate about sports retail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, organized, professional, self-motivated and energetic.
- Committed to providing only exceptional customer service.
- Availability to work flexible hours and all event days at BC Place.
- Effective time-management skills and have an ability to multi-task in an operational dynamic environment.
- Basic understanding of POS systems, RPRO seen as recommended.
- Experience dealing with freight companies, such as UPS, Canada Post and Purolator an asset.
- Open to travel across North America and Canada with opportunity to execute other events with Hockey Canada.
- Effective in excel and word.
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Do you have supervisory or management experience for at least 2 years in a retail environment?
- Are you open to travelling across Canada and North America if required?
- Are you looking to build a career in the retail industry?
- Do you have access to a vehicle?
- Have you worked in a warehouse before?