Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking to acquire a Creative Writer. The transfer window is closing, so don’t wait to apply for this rare opportunity to work in professional sports with one of Vancouver’s top brands.
This entry-to-mid level position will be working with our award winning marketing team and our next ideal colleague must have:
- Exceptional English language skills;
- The ability to work and concentrate on the job at hand in an open-concept office;
- Passion, creativity, drive;
- A sense of teamwork, a sense of humour and common sense; and,
- Be willing to work unusual hours, some late nights, and weekends when needed.
Assets for the position include:
- Diploma / Degree in Marketing or knowledge and experience with marketing campaigns.
- Creative writing experience and exceptional proofreading skills.
- The ability to, with the mastery of the written word, relay messages, themes and style within a single marketing paragraph.
General overview of the duties:
A writer extraordinaire, you will compose, construct and develop copy for ad campaigns; match day programs; e-mail communication; website content; and, other deliverables.
You don’t necessarily need to have a lot of experience or even a portfolio – but feel free to prove your creativity when writing your cover letter. If you’re really feeling up to it, you can even take one of our existing marketing pieces and re-write the copy.
Send your cover letter along with your CV to: email@example.com
This position will remain posted until the position has been filled.
Operations Crew Member
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently looking for people interested in joining the Operations Crew. This is a part time role that supports the operational deliverables at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, WFC2 and auxiliary events throughout the Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate will be able to lift up to 60lbs independently, and have experience working in a labour intensive environment.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Working within a team of 10-12 event operations crew members to convert BC Place stadium to a Whitecaps FC branded stadium.
- Install field boards, signage and other brand elements.
- With direction from the Operations Supervisor, deliver on match-day requirements such as installation of seat wraps, partnership activations and field set-up.
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the event operations inventory.
- Work independently to pick-up, deliver, set-up and remove operational and brand equipment for WFC2 matches at UBC Thunderbird Stadium.
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day Whitecaps special events.
- Must work extremely well in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and ability to take direction from others is required
- Must be able to comfortably lift 60lbs.
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful outlook
- Clean Class 5 Driver’s License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position will require weekend and evening work.
Operations Crew team members will be scheduled in accordance with the Whitecaps FC home match schedule, with strong consideration given to performance. It is requested that all Operations Crew members provide availability for at least 12 matches though there is no guarantee of shifts.
Operations Crew team members will receive an hourly wage for the period of time worked. Along with this, Crew will also receive:
- Operations Crew Team Uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary staff meal during shift
- Whitecaps match tickets, based on availability
- Whitecaps post-season social
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how your qualifications meet the above requirements. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to submit your application is 11:59pm, February 18.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration