MANAGER, CREATIVE SERVICES AND COPYWRITING
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking to hire a Manager, Creative Services for our marketing department’s award-winning internal advertising “agency”.
- copywriter with at least 3 years of experience
- want to take the next step in your career and oversee our creative team
- worked at an advertising agency;
- created creative concepts; and,
- a portfolio (please include) with all your brilliant and über creative ideas.
- write clear, persuasive copy in perfect English;
- come up with ideas that we will wish we have thought of; and,
- combine strategy and creativity.
report to the marketing director;
- manage and inspire two graphic designers
- work with one of Vancouver’s most interesting brands; and,
- be a crucial part of the creative team in WFC’s award-winning marketing department.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience working with a variety of media and an understanding of how to develop campaign concepts that support an overarching marketing strategy. You possess a creative mind and love the challenge of coming up with new ideas, but can also appreciate the impact that small details make. Being an integral member of a team is something you enjoy and you know how to have a laugh (even if it's occasionally at yourself) while getting stuff done on tight deadlines. You may even have led a creative team in the past or be interested in acquiring such a role in the future. Lastly, it wouldn't hurt for you to know the difference between Messi, Maradona and the like.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and if selected for an interview must be able to submit their valid work permit or permanent residency status card.
Please submit your CV, portfolio and a cover letter to: Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position posting will remain open until filled.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration