'Caps Crew Team
Our 'Caps Crew Team is an integral part of the Whitecaps FC Organization. We are reliant on dedicated and enthusiastic people to help ensure a successful execution of match days.
We offer a rewarding opportunity to become engaged in your community and to gain useful experience within the sports industry while working both MLS and WFC2 matches.
Please take a look at the various positions we have available this season and submit your resume to email@example.com If you are interested in more than one position, please list the roles you would like to be considered for in order of preference, in your cover letter.
- Activation Team
- Caps Kickoff Ambassador
- Family Greeter
- Kickin’ With The Caps Supervisor
- Kickin’ With The Caps Photographer
- Photo Marshall
- Red Hat
- Stretcher Bearer
- 50/50 Ticket Seller
- Partnership Marketing Match Day Photographer
Job Requirements for all Positions
- Friendly and personable
- Confident, articulate and enthusiastic
- Excellent people skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- Knowledgeable and passionate about soccer
- Interest in media or sports management is an asset
Volunteers are required to work at a minimum of 12 MLS matches at BC Place Stadium and 5 WFC2 matches at Thunderbird Stadium. Please review the schedule online to ensure you can meet this requirement.
Being part of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC Caps Crew team provides valuable experience and knowledge about the professional sports industry. Opportunities encompass professional development, networking with Club staff, contacts and partners, and engaging with a community of like-minded peers. In addition, you may be able to watch a portion of the match during scheduled shifts.
Caps Crew members will receive the following benefits:
- “adidas” Volunteer Uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary food & beverage during shift
- Caps Crew social activities throughout the season
- Whitecaps tickets
- Whitecaps post-season party
- Prizes and rewards throughout the season
If you are a highly organized, dynamic and community minded individual with a passion for sport and events we want to hear from you. Please forward your resume & cover letter by Friday, February 6th, 2015 at 11:59pm to the below information.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
INSIDE SALES AND SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a highly organized, professional and friendly individual for the part time position of Inside Sales & Service Representative. This is a term position commencing January 2015.
As a member of our hard working sales team you will:
- Participate in our Internal Sales & Service Training Program; Whitecaps University
- Help grow our supporter base by identifying and facilitating new ticket sales
- Generate ticket sales revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects
- Generate contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service
- Assist with Game day duties, as required
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High degree of professionalism
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Service experience an asset
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If your qualifications meet the above, please email your cover letter with your salary expectations and resume via email to:
Wendy Wait, Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Applications received by January 31st, 2015 will be considered in the next round of interviews. Submissions received after that date will be accepted to establish an eligibility list of qualified applicants for future openings.
Please include job title in subject line.
*No phone calls please.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
WHITECAPS FC PROMOTIONS TEAM
Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club is currently seeking individuals who wish to become part of the Whitecaps FC Promotions Team. This team is an essential part of Whitecaps FC matches and ancillary events.
As a member of the Promotions Team, you will be tasked with representing the club to our fans and informing them of the latest club offers and campaigns. Applicants must be positive, energetic and personable, comfortable engaging with the public, and strong communicators capable of sharing key club messages.
The Promotions Team assists with club sales and marketing efforts, event coordination, and forms part of the suite concierge program offered by Whitecaps FC. Applicants should expect a busy yet fun working environment. Promo Team members may be required to work at many various locations depending on the game or event, including BC Place, UBC Thunderbird Stadium, sports fields and other sites in the Lower Mainland. Ideal candidates have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Be the “face” of Whitecaps FC - engage with fans to promote key club messages and campaigns
- Receive fan feedback, compile and report it to supervisor
- Work evenings and weekends (successful candidates are expected to be available for a majority of the shifts
- Accompany club mascot Spike at events on request, assisting where necessary with activations
- Act as Concierge for all suites at BC Place
- Support the Sales and Service department by promoting ticket sales and the loyalty program
- Other promotions or marketing tasks as requested by the Coordinator, Event Production
Successful candidates should have:
- A positive work attitude and willingness to learn new skills on the job
- A friendly and outgoing personality, and be comfortable engaging with people
- A background in sales, marketing or events considered an asset
- Basic social media knowledge and skills
- Previous experience in a promo/street team will be considered an asset
- Serving It Right will be considered an asset
- Holder of BC Driver’s License and clear driving record
- A criminal record check may be required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how your qualifications meet the above requirements. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, February 4, 2015