Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a CRM Manager. Do you want to work with Vancouver’s most interesting and fastest growing sports brand? We love building the best sports atmosphere in Vancouver and we offer a fun and dynamic workplace in the middle of Gastown.
- Will help in the selection, implementation and on-going management of the club’s CRM system
- Initiate, direct, and manage all areas of CRM Operations for Whitecaps FC
- Liaise effectively with multiple departments (Ticket Sales & Service, Business Intelligence, Partnerships, Accounting and Marketing) to:
- Build cross departmental reports
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns
- Track and maintain Sponsor inventory
- Facilitate data collection inputs
- Work closely with Business Intelligence team to analyze data and create actionable insights to business stakeholders
- Active campaign monitoring to ensure that campaigns are executed as per business requirements
- Support all digital marketing for customer relationship management program and related loyalty program for Whitecaps FC.
- Work closely with Project Management team to direct projects through various functional groups to ensure tasks are completed, and communication is consistent and timely
- Efficiently manage campaign changes and implications throughout the campaign lifecycle, while keeping the broader team informed
- Engage in Issues Management, including identifying potential and new issues, engaging full team, documentation, and ensuring quick resolution
- Ensuring the CRM system operates efficiently and that data is clean and well managed at all times
- Customer Journey Mapping: monitor consumer touch points within CRM to maximize Sales pipeline.
- Contribute to the development and execution of segmentation strategies that engage each customer segment type to improve retention, and optimize customer activation.
Experience and Requirements
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience leading the implementation of a CRM system a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in a client facing analytical database marketing or related role
- Understanding of CRM or database management
- Exceptional ability to follow process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Able to marshal team resources
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Maria Wells, Executive Assistant via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate must be willing to work in the Lower Mainland of BC. No relocation allowance will be offered.
Position posting will remain active until the position is filled.
BC Soccer Opportunities Available
HIGH PERFORMANCE LEAD
BC Soccer is the largest provincial sport organization (PSO) in BC and the third largest soccer specific PSO in Canada with over 150,000 participants. BC Soccer is responsible for the promotion and development of the game of soccer in British Columbia. Our mission is to develop the game by inspiring British Columbians to lifelong active, inclusive and team play. As a professional not-for-profit society, BC Soccer is committed to providing the widest opportunities for our existing and potential participants, as well as provides support in the most effective and appropriate way for current players, parents, volunteers, member clubs, leagues and districts. We believe in the universal passion of our global game and the power it has to unite and motivate communities.
Two exciting part-time opportunities have arisen within BC Soccer’s High Performance Program within the Soccer Development Department. BC Soccer is seeking two highly experienced, knowledgeable coaches in player development and proactive professionals for the position of High Performance Lead.
The High Performance Leads will be directly supervised by the Director of Soccer Development, with day-to-day coordination support from the High Performance Pathway Officer. The positions will be responsible for the reporting and quality assurance of the British Columbia Soccer Performance League, as well as contributing to the identification and development of High Performance Players within BC Soccer.
The duration of the positions are for 12 months, ideally commencing in January 2016, the schedule will be set by the Director of Soccer Development and will consist of, (on average) 12 hours a week, including weekend and evening work. The role is expected to work remotely and in the BC Soccer Office.
Accountable to: Director of Soccer Development or designate.
Internal relationships: Relates directly to the BC Soccer Staff.
Key external relationships: BCSPL Technical Directors, BCSPL Coaches, Colleges and Universities.
- BC Soccer Premier League
- Support the implementation and engagement with BCSPL Clubs of Long Term Player Development via BC Soccer’s High Performance License Program.
- Provide appropriate resources and support for technical guidance necessary within club and league HP programming.
- Scout and identify players within the BCSPL for selection into the BC Soccer High Performance Program.
- BC Soccer High Performance Programming
- Support the planning and implementation of the on-field delivery of the BC Soccer High Performance Program.
- Support the planning and implementation of the off-field delivery of the BC Soccer High Performance Program.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, Training, Experience, and Education
- Must hold a Canadian Soccer Association National ‘A’ Coaching license, foreign equivalency or is working towards their National ‘A’ Coaching license within one year of the appointment
- Knowledge of High Performance Programming at a Provincial Level
- Experience in Player Identification and development
- Experience in the planning and execution of High Performance Programming
- Commitment to delivering high standards of customer service and appropriate experience to demonstrate this
- Exceptional organization and prioritizing skills.
- Able to compose routine and non-routine correspondence, including strong oral presentation skills.
- Work independently and in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality.
- Be able to commit to work hours in the evenings and weekends.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and the BC Soccer Membership (Clubs, Districts, Leagues, etc.) and key external partners while supporting the overall structure and philosophical strategy set out by the British Columbia Soccer Association.
- Represent BC Soccer as required, including traveling inter provincially.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficient in or willing to be trained in Apple Mac Applications (GameBreaker, iCoder and iMovie Maker)
- Annual CPIC (Criminal Records) clearance.
- Fluency in English.
- Has use of a Personal Vehicle with a valid Class 5 driving license.
- The hourly rate will be competitive to that of a part time role within the High Performance stream of soccer development in Canada.
- Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter and hourly rate expectation range to BC Soccer by 4:00 pm on Thursday, November 26th, 2015 to the attention of Chris Cerroni, Director of Soccer Development at email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration