The Soccer Operations department at Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a video analysis student. This position will offer the incumbent first-hand experience of the inner-workings of a professional soccer team, specifically contributing to the club’s scouting and coaching objectives.
- Film all matches and training sessions as directed by the coaching staff
- Assist in the compilation of statistics and reports
- Video editing and clipping as instructed by the Head, Analysis and Scouting
- Data entry and administration of the club’s football database
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program relevant to the position and able to obtain Practicum and/or Co-op status to receive credit for the work experience
- Experience in a high level soccer environment (as a player or coach) with a passion for the game
- Dependable, discreet and professional
- Good MS Office skills with a high level of technical literacy
- Enjoy being part of a team environment
- Able to be present for match days and evenings/weekends
- Start date: asap
- Duration: 6 months (remainder of MLS season)
- Location: UBC and BC Place
- Compensation: Honorarium to be discussed
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 28, 2014, outlining your course of studies, soccer history and why you are interested in this position.