Vancouver Whitecaps FC strives to be a champion club on and off the soccer pitch. To this end, the club is looking to hire a copywriter for our marketing department’s internal advertising “agency”.
This is a re-posting and extension of the February 2013 “Copywriter“ vacancy. Applicants from the original posting are being considered and will be contacted if selected for an interview.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience working with a variety of media and an understanding of how to develop campaign concepts that support an overarching marketing strategy. You possess a creative mind and love the challenge of coming up with new ideas, but can also appreciate the impact that small details make. Being an integral member of a team is something you enjoy and you know how to have a laugh (even if it's occasionally at yourself) while getting stuff done on tight deadlines. You may even have led a creative team in the past or be interested in acquiring such a role in the future. Lastly, it wouldn't hurt for you to know the difference between Messi, Maradona and the like.
- worked at an advertising agency;
- created creative concepts; and,
- a portfolio (please include) with all your brilliant and über creative ideas.
- write clear, persuasive copy in perfect English;
- come up with ideas that we will wish we have thought of; and,
- combine strategy and creativity.
- report to the marketing director;
- work with one of Vancouver’s most interesting brands; and,
- be a part of the thirteen (13) member team in WFC’s award-winning marketing department.
- wait to meet you!
Please email your CV, portfolio and a covering letter to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off to: 550 – 375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC.
Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.