Manager, Community Relations
One year maternity leave replacement
Start date: September 2015 through to end October 2016
- Develops and manages all community relations programs including speaking engagements, player appearances, events, awards, mascot program, charitable events and initiatives and donations requests
- Assists with writing and editing Whitecaps FC materials including speaking notes, website articles, key messages/Q&A etc.
- Supervises the Club Ambassador and community relations team
- Tracks and manages community relations budget and expenses
- Manages club wide player and executive appearances
- Plans all elements of community relations events and program including ‘Caps Kick Smart School program and Community Clinics
- Manage donation request program
- Manages fundraising initiatives for the club including the 50/50 program in support of BC Children’s Hospital Foundation and #BuckUp for Mental Health
- Minimum five years experience in a Community Relations role
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong writing and editing skills with proven ability to deliver polished editorial
- Exceptional time management skills with an ability to multi-task and manage the demands of multiple departments
- Experience working in a media relations role with a clear understanding of the needs and requirements of media and communications would be an asset
- Good understanding of the sport of soccer
To apply for this term position, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your salary expectations to:
Manager, Human Resources
This search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Ticket Operations Co-ordinator
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is seeking a member for their Ticketing Operations area.
Be a part of the best sporting atmosphere in Vancouver! If you are technologically astute, have Archtics experience, are passionate about sports and have a high work ethic, then consider applying for the above position!
- Oversee the ticketing system for all Vancouver Whitecaps ticketing needs, including training of new staff; assisting in the box office; completing ticketing requests
- Build and manage events within the ticketing system, processing ticket requests for season, packages, group and coordination of season ticket packaging
- Liaise with technology and ticketing suppliers – Skidata, IO Media, TM
- Manage the ticket database for the purpose of maintaining client relations, direct marketing to prospects
- Assist and maintain reports in the areas of sales, renewals, compensation, game reports, and ticketing revenue totals
- Manage active commissions report
Skills and Expertise:
- Must have minimum 2 years Ticketmaster Archtics experience. If you do not have Archtics experience please do not apply
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of ticket operations
- High proficiency in reporting and spreadsheet software required
- CRM Database management experience an asset
- Good Oral and Written communication skills required
- Customer relation and conflict resolution skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Full-time, salaried position, with benefits package
- Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV and your cover letter with your salary expectations to:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
This posting will remain active until the successful candidate has been found.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration