Account Executive, Inside Sales
Vancouver Whitecaps FC are always looking for highly organized, professional and friendly individuals for the positions of Account Executive, Inside Sales.
These are part-time, term positions starting in January each year and ending in November.
There are plenty of ways to “get your foot in the door” within the sports industry. But there is only one way to kick down the door and start your career. The Inside Sales team offers sales professionals the training, coaching, and environment to establish a successful career in professional sports.
Members of the Inside Sales Program receive comprehensive training enabling them to sell a full menu of products including Season Tickets, Group Tickets, and Premium Seating. The primary focus of our Inside Sales Program is to develop and promote the industry’s top performers from within Inside Sales and build successful careers in the sports industry.
In addition to day-to-day outbound sales calls, Inside Sales Representatives will be expected to attend networking events, internal and external sales events as well as team promotional events. Match day responsibilities will include but are not limited to prospecting at sales tables, servicing client accounts, and other duties as assigned.
As a member of our hard working sales team you will:
- Receive the industry’s best sales and service training through our intensive Whitecaps FC Sales and Service Academy
- Help grow our supporter base by identifying and facilitating new ticket sales
- Generate ticket sales revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects
- Generate contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service
- Assist with Match day duties, as required
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Members in the most professional manner
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software and club CRM
- Provide support during game days and promotions, as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- High degree of professionalism
- Some sales or service experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in a team or sports environment an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during matches and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If you have the passion to work in the sports Industry and a determination to excel please email your CV, and cover letter with your salary expectations and an outline of how your qualifications meet the above.
Ellie Wright, HR and Admin Assistant
Applications will be reviewed as received. It is anticipated that interviews will be held prior to the end of January. Successful candidates not immediately offered positions will be placed on an eligibility list of qualified applicants for future openings.
Please include job title in subject line.
*No phone calls please.
Practicum / Internship Program
January - April Terms
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields. Our program is designed to provide a student with “real life” work experience in an exciting and unique environment.
We are committed to providing students with valuable learning experiences and exposing them to new challenges while they carry out the learning objectives and skills they are studying.
Our values - Winning, Unity, Honour – are a part of everything we do, and our student placements are quick to discover the depth of the commitment our employees have to ensure our brand is recognized as a leader in the community it serves.
Our placements are typically for a three to four month duration with other various terms available depending on the student and the program requirements they must meet.
We only accept applications for unpaid practicum placements (“internships”) from students studying at Canadian post-secondary programs, who qualify for credit in a Canadian post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations
- Event Operations
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Complex Database Administration and Analysis
- Marketing / Digital Media
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, be receiving credit towards their diploma/degree for the placement, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
Our priorities for our student placements:
- Ensuring the student is meeting their learning objectives.
- Being flexible to schedule their time around existing classes and paid employment they may have.
- Enabling the student to immerse themselves into the Whitecaps culture while realizing the realities of working in a busy, exceptionally fast paced environment.
We are fortunate to have had amazing young students provide fresh perspective on our current issues, and as well fit into our culture of “Our All Our Honour”. Students are always included in our staff social functions, operate as a full team member, and have the respect and admiration of everyone who works behind the scenes for both our professional and amateur teams.
Students gain perspective of what it is like behind “the brand”. Some decide they absolutely love the atmosphere, the long hours that staff put in, the teamwork and the craziness involved in putting on major events each week! Some decide that while it’s fascinating, the behind the scenes support is just not for them. That is the advantage of obtaining a practicum placement -- try it out before you commit to a profession and brand that is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Students will learn basic office policies and procedures. They will learn the expectations of excellence in customer service. They will learn there are no extensions on deadlines. They will learn what it takes to run a business where success is measured with statistics as well as public perception.
Each Department has individualized duties and responsibilities set aside for practicum students – that include everything from the basics (assisting with stuffing envelopes, handling routine email/social media requests, helping set up for meetings) to more advanced discipline-specific duties (writing articles and ads, selling/marketing tickets, statistical analysis, technical operations) and everything and anything in between.
Testimonial from a former co-op student, Christopher:
“As both a communication major at university and a soccer fan, working at Vancouver Whitecaps FC has been one of the highlights of my professional and academic career. I greatly value the mentorship provided by my superiors and enjoy the camaraderie I've received from the entire staff. As someone who is ambitious, driven and willing to take on responsibility there has been an abundant amount of opportunities to develop my portfolio through challenges both exciting and relevant to my career path. The entire communications team here at Whitecaps FC are very passionate about their work and have been extremely receptive to my ideas, pitches and suggestions. I highly recommend taking on a Co-op position with Whitecaps FC to anyone as fortunate enough to be given the opportunity as I was.”
For further information, or to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements for practicum / co-op placement to:
Wendy Wait, Senior Manager, HR
Please include the term (dates) that you are available for this work experience and Include what area of our organization most interests you.