Account Executive - Fan Services
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a highly organized, professional and friendly individual for the position of Account Executive – Fan Services.
As a member of our hard working customer service team you will:
- Manage assigned accounts with Whitecaps season ticket holders;
- Provide superior customer service to season ticket account holders as well as all fans;
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service;
- Answer the customer service line/email and respond to ticket inquiries, general inquiries and service accordingly;
- Help grow our supporter base by assisting in identifying and facilitating new sales and upgrades;
- Manage season ticket holder requests, expectations;
- Follow up with outstanding accounts and declined payments in a timely manner;
- Assist in the renewal and relocation campaigns;
- Assist with game day duties, as required;
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner;
- Opportunity to be the Project Lead on a customer service related programs
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- High degree of professionalism
- 2-3 years of Customer Service experience; must love dealing with the public
- Project management or Loyalty Program experience a benefit
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If your qualifications meet the above, please email your cover letter and resume by end of business Friday, July 3, 2015 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Please include job title in subject line.
Coordinator, Business Intelligence
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is more than just a professional soccer club. We’re a community of like-minded individuals with a passion for excellence both on and off the pitch and a desire to promote Major League Soccer across the nation.
We believe that data is transforming the way sports organizations operate, which is why we’re seeking to add a fresh and talented data-driven individual to our team. As a member of our Business Intelligence Unit your job will be to seek out actionable insights, uncover growth opportunities and provide us with a competitive advantage. You’ll act as a resource to the entire organization and will be measuring content performance, to customer opinions and everything in between.
This position is well-suited for a recent graduate of a Statistics or Business Analytics program looking to obtain hands-on work experience. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative problem solver with an avidity for finding answers through data.
The Business Intelligence Coordinator reports directly to the Club Analyst at Whitecaps FC’s head office in Vancouver’s historic Gastown.
- Analytical support for the Club Analyst & Business Intelligence research strategy
- Monitor and forecast KPIs and KSFs to support the club’s Business Plan
- Extract valuable information, including relationships, patterns, trends and projections from complex datasets
- Identify actionable insights within datasets and provide business recommendations of observations
- Generate reports which clearly visualize and summarize research findings
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources
- Create dashboards using BI/Visualization tools
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative market research studies
- Design, programming and execution of surveys and data collection
- Digital content and marketing analysis and reporting
- Develop and maintain analytical models to support business decisions
- Facilitate departmental requests using iterative processes
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- A recognized degree or diploma in Statistics or Business Analytics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficient with data analysis and data visualization
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Tableau and/or SAS an asset
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce/Microsoft Dynamics) an asset
- Savvy problem solving skills
- Works well with appropriate direction
- Exceedingly detail oriented
- Able to make effective reports and presentations for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, thoroughness and initiative with regards to problem solving
Please submit your CV and cover letter indicating your salary expectations via email by SUNDAY, JULY 5th, 2015 to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, HR
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing, the Graphic Designer will work within the club’s internal marketing “agency” and act as a primary in-house developer for the club’s design needs. The successful candidate will be a key contributor of the club’s brand, including visual elements for Major League Soccer and United Soccer League franchises, as well as all other lines of business.
To succeed in this role, you are:
- A Mac-based designer with an interest in sports/entertainment, and an appreciation for the aesthetic of the current ‘Caps brand
- Able to effectively collaborate in a group setting, at times taking direction and at other times providing solutions/direction
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Able to work with limited supervision and under tight deadlines
- CREATIVE, energetic and team-oriented
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop CS3 and up
- Demonstrated experience (portfolio) ranging from bringing creative concepts to life visually, through to producing production-ready files for a variety of materials
- Demonstrated understanding of branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Diploma or degree from a recognized design program
- Flash animation and video editing abilities are an asset, though not required
- Design print and digital elements for marketing, sales, sponsorship, event and soccer operations
- Design updates and other graphic elements for all club websites
- Assist in maintaining consistency and managing adherence to our visual brand standards, across the organization and with all our partners
- Work with printing partners to ensure quality production of printed elements including reproduction quality, colour accuracy, etc.
Please submit your CV, a couple of examples of your best/most creative work (not your full portfolio) and cover letter indicating how you meet the above qualifications by Friday, July 10, 2015 to:
Jon Rees, Senior Manager Marketing
Please include your salary expectations in your application. Should you be selected for an interview, your portfolio of work will be requested.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration