Operations Crew Member 2016
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently looking for people interested in joining the Operations Crew. This is a part time role that supports the operational deliverables at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, WFC2 and auxiliary events throughout the Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate will be able to lift up to 60lbs independently, and have experience working in a labour intensive environment.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Working within a team of 10-12 event operations crew members to convert BC Place stadium to a Whitecaps FC branded stadium.
- Install field boards, signage and other brand elements.
- With direction from the Operations Supervisor, deliver on match-day requirements such as installation of seat wraps, partnership activations and field set-up.
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the event operations inventory.
- Work independently to pick-up, deliver, set-up and remove operational and brand equipment for WFC2 matches at UBC Thunderbird Stadium.
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day Whitecaps special events.
- Must work extremely well in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and ability to take direction from others is required
- Must be able to comfortably lift 60lbs.
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful outlook
- Clean Class 5 Driver’s License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position will require weekend and evening work.
Operations Crew team members will be scheduled in accordance with the Whitecaps FC home match schedule, with strong consideration given to performance. It is requested that all Operations Crew members provide availability for at least 12 matches though there is no guarantee of shifts.
Operations Crew team members will receive an hourly wage for the period of time worked. Along with this, Crew will also receive:
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary staff meal during shift
- Whitecaps match tickets, based on availability
- Whitecaps post-season social
- Additional event management opportunities throughout the season
If you are legally entitled to work in Canada, please send your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
'Caps Crew Team
The ‘Caps Crew Team is an integral part of the Whitecaps FC Organization. We are reliant on dedicated and enthusiastic people to help ensure a successful execution on match days.
We offer a rewarding opportunity to become engaged in your community and to gain useful experience within the sports industry while working WFC2 matches.
Please take a look at http://www.whitecapsfc.com/jobs#wfc2 for the various positions we have available this season and submit your resume to email@example.com. If you are interested in more than one position, please list the roles you would like to be considered for in order of preference in your cover letter.
- Access Control
- Activation Team
- Director’s Spotter
- Photo Marshall
- Plaza Ambassador
- Ticket Scanner
- Future Stars Supervisor
Job Requirements for all positions
- Friendly and personable
- Confident, articulate, and enthusiastic
- Excellent people skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- Knowledgeable and passionate about soccer
- Interest in a career in media or sports management is an asset
Volunteers are required to work at a minimum of 8 WFC2 matches.
Being part of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC ‘Caps Crew team provides valuable experience and knowledge about the professional sports industry. Opportunities encompass professional development, networking with club staff, contacts, and partners, and engaging with a community of like-minded peers. In addition, individuals will be able to watch a portion of the match during scheduled volunteer shifts.
Volunteers will receive the following benefits:
- “adidas” volunteer uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary food & beverage during shift
- Volunteer social activities throughout the season
- Whitecaps MLS tickets
- Whitecaps post-season party
- Prizes and rewards throughout the season
If you are a highly organized, dynamic, and community minded individual with a passion for sport and events, we want to hear from you. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whitecaps FC Promotions Team
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for PROMO TEAM MEMBERS! This team will be part of all Whitecaps FC MLS and WFC2 matches and ancillary events. You will be tasked with representing the club to our fans while informing them of the latest club offers and campaigns. The Promotions Team will operate club activations and also form part of the suite hosting program offered by Whitecaps FC.
Applicants should be willing to excel in dealing with the public, effectively promote club key messages and most importantly, able to have fun on the job. Candidates must work as part of a team but should be able to work independently and be able to manage an event experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Face of Whitecaps FC, promote key club messages and campaigns
- Receive fan feedback, compile and report it to club management
- Work at the majority of club events, bringing a positive attitude and demeanour
- Evening and weekend work will be a part of this job; successful candidates are expected to be available for a majority of the shifts
- Assist match day production staff in the execution of partner activations
- Accompany club mascot Spike at MLS matches, assisting where necessary with activations
- Act as hosts for suites at BC Place
- Must be 19 or older
- Have a positive work attitude and willingness to learn new skills on the job
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Should be Tech Savvy minded individuals with a background in marketing and events
- Previous experience in a promo/street team will be considered an asset
- Holder of BC Driver’s License and clear driving abstract
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Resume and cover letter to be sent to Johan Mordijck, Senior Manager, Marketing, email@example.com no later than midnight on Friday June 16th.