Inside Sales and Service Representative
Vancouver Whitecaps FC are looking for highly organized, professional and friendly individuals for to be considered for our Inside Sales & Service Representative Team.
This is a term position ending November 2017.
How you will contribute:
- Participate in our Internal Sales & Service Training Program
- Help grow our supporter base by identifying and facilitating new ticket sales
- Generate ticket sales revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects
- Generate contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service
- Assist with Game day duties, as required
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- High degree of professionalism
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Service experience an asset
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If your qualifications meet the above, please email your cover letter and resume via email to:
Wendy Wait, Senior Manager Human Resources and Administration
We currently have one position available. All applicants who are successful through the interviewing process will be placed on an eligibility list for future openings.
Please include job title in subject line.
*No phone calls please.
Academy Centre Coaches
(VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN BC AND CANADA)
Youth Academy Coaches provide on and off field leadership for Whitecaps Academy Centre programming. Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently seeking passionate and qualified coaches with the technical skills, experience and personal suitability to coach, mentor and develop young players. You will also have the administrative expertise to oversee all financial and administrative requirements, and the ability to network and promote the Centre within the community. While assigned as Coach in one area, you may also connect and service other Whitecaps Academy centre programming and camp events in Vancouver and other regional and national locations as required.
See: //www.whitecapsfc.com/youth/programs/academycentres for further information on Vancouver Whitecaps Academy Centres.
- The salary range for these positions will depend on the experience of the coach
- Hours of work will be varied and will involve evenings and weekends. Some positions are part-time where others may be full time.
- In full time positions, extended health care benefits and “Paid Time Off” according to Club policies will be available.
SPECIFIC PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
Academy Centre and Camp programming development and delivery
Support curriculum development and coaching delivery of all Academy Centre training programs and camps. This includes, but not is not limited to:
- All developed Whitecaps programming.
- Skills Academy
- Prospects Academy
- Schools Academy
- Spring, summer and specialized camps..
Academy Centre promotion and networking
Working to promote Academy Centre and camp programs with local club and key community groups and individuals; media contacts; and school administration and faculty.
Academy Centre coaching development
Develop an Academy centre staff to deliver regional programs, including the recruitment and development of local coaches with potential.
Academy Centre Technical Services contracts
Lead the delivery of any agreed upon technical services contracts with local clubs or organizations. This includes providing:
- TD Services.
- Coaching development sessions.
- Player development sessions.
Represent the Club in the soccer community, with emphasis on building rapport with community clubs.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum National B Coaching License or UEFA / international equivalent
- Two (2) years experience as a coach of an elite group of athletes
- Professional or semi-professional soccer playing experience an asset
- Knowledge of and support for the CSA LTPD model and Wellness to World Cup framework.
- A proven track record and a passion for both grassroots and high performance programs.
- Experience with coaching both male and female soccer and the design of associated programs
- Knowledge of elite player systems and how they differ and integrate with community programs.
- Experience directly managing, mentoring and motivating highly qualified, elite coaches.
- Experience with and a passion for the education and development of coaches at all levels.
- An understanding of the structure of competitive youth soccer and how it relates to optimal player development.
- Knowledge of the Canadian soccer landscape, and the challenges and opportunities it presents to grassroots and high performance player development.
- Experience managing technical budgets and associated cost management and reporting.
- An ability to think and plan strategically, and effectively link technical planning with broader Club goals and strategic intent.
- Strong communications skills and an ability to convey technical planning to non‐technical Club stakeholders, including the parents of players.
- Criminal Record Check required
- A team player, with an ability to operate as part of an integrated multi‐functional team.
When submitting your CV, please outline:
- How your qualifications meet our requirements
- Where you would be interested in serving (even if not listed above, planned expansion may include the area where you are currently living)
- Your coaching philosophy
This posting will remain active until a suitable number of qualified candidates has been determined. An eligibility list will be kept until openings occur, at which point interviews will be scheduled.
Please submit your CV and the required information as listed above by email to:
Wendy Wait, Senior Manager, Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org