SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Do you want to be the social media voice for Vancouver Whitecaps FC?
Be a crucial and integral part of Whitecaps FC’s award winning marketing/digital department and the fastest growing sport in North America. We are seeking a Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for content for all our social media channels and be an active member of the Whitecaps FC’s marketing and digital department team.
Firstly: Start with 140 characters on why we should choose you
Secondly: List 3 blogs, sites, etc. that you find interesting
Lastly: Attach your CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications as well as your salary expectations
- have creative bones and can think outside the box;
- have a passion for social media and the dynamics behind;
- know what works on social media and how to track and optimize;
- have a marketing mindset;
- have excellent written communication skills;
- have digital blood in your veins;
- have a passion for soccer and sports;
- stay on top of digital trends and new social media platforms;
- want to work for Vancouver’s most exciting and growing sports brand; and,
- have a great sense of humour;
Your days will include responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets;
- researching and implementing social media campaigns;
- developing content and concepts for social media;
- coordinating and initiating social media activations across the club;
- monitoring conversations and fan engagement;
- tracking social media influence measurements;
- managing social media on match days;
- working with other Whitecaps FC departments to strategize best timing/use of social channels to push out editorial/partnership content.
- You probably have a degree in marketing, new media or the like.
- You have expert knowledge of social networking channels and how they work.
- You have a couple of years of experience working with social media.
Submit your application as outlined above to: Maria Wells, Executive Assistant via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration