INSIDE SALES AND SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a highly organized, professional and friendly individual for the part time position of Inside Sales & Service Representative. This is a term position commencing January 2015.
As a member of our hard working sales team you will:
- Participate in our Internal Sales & Service Training Program; Whitecaps University
- Help grow our supporter base by identifying and facilitating new ticket sales
- Generate ticket sales revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects
- Generate contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service
- Assist with Game day duties, as required
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High degree of professionalism
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Service experience an asset
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If your qualifications meet the above, please email your cover letter with your salary expectations and resume via email to:
Wendy Wait, Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Applications received by January 31st, 2015 will be considered in the next round of interviews. Submissions received after that date will be accepted to establish an eligibility list of qualified applicants for future openings.
Please include job title in subject line.
*No phone calls please.
Junior Accountant, Payroll & Payables
Reposted December 22, 2014 – January 9, 2015
If you are looking to join a fast-paced and exciting professional sports work environment in a financial capacity, the Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a Junior Accountant, Payroll & Payables. The club is built on a model similar to that of most European football clubs. As such, it has multiple lines of business starting from grassroots soccer camps and clinics to a new franchise launching in 2015 competing in USL Pro, all the way up to the club’s flagship franchise in Major League Soccer.
With a dual reporting structure to the Vice-President, Finance & Administration and the Senior Accountant, the Jr. Accountant, Payroll & Payables will:
- Meticulously compile and process the payroll for salaried and hourly club staff. This includes the calculation and tracking of all taxable benefits, calculation of required statutory deductions, and year-end tax form compliance.
- Work with Human Resources regarding employee changes such as new hires, terminations and other adjustments.
- Ensure the smooth running of the accounts payable process, including receiving and distributing incoming invoices to appropriate departments for approval, checking and entering approved invoices and expense reports into the system, and generating cheque runs, all in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Together with the Senior Accountant, maintain vendor relations and review all vendor statements to ensure accounts are up to date, and co-ordinate and handle the resolution of any disputes.
- Manage the Club’s expense reimbursement process, including the centralized corporate credit card program.
- Co-ordinate and administer the satisfaction of the Club’s regulatory compliance requirements including, GST & PST reporting, payroll and withholding tax reporting and WorkSafeBC reporting.
- Design and produce periodic reports to help model cash requirements or other requested financial analysis.
- Reconcile related general ledger accounts and assist in the preparation of necessary documentation for external audits and reviews.
- Consistently evaluate company processes and pro-actively encourage adoption of best practices in this area.
- Complete other duties that may evolve based on the aptitudes and interests of the successful candidate and the needs of the club.
Requirements & Attributes
- A combination of experience and education will be considered, but those with a diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or experience processing Canadian payroll and accounts payable in a corporate setting will be prioritized.
- Enrolled or studying towards a recognized Canadian accounting designation or membership in the Canadian Payroll Association also an asset
- Experience with Simply Accounting software and an automated reporting package
- Highly organized with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- General proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications
Start date: February 2015
Compensation: Competitive industry compensation package commensurate with experience
Deadline for applications: Friday, January 9 at 4:30 pm
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and achievements, including salary expectations, to: W. Wait, Manager HR and Administration
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
WHITECAPS FC PROMOTIONS TEAM
Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club is currently seeking individuals who wish to become part of the Whitecaps FC Promotions Team. This team is an essential part of Whitecaps FC matches and ancillary events.
As a member of the Promotions Team, you will be tasked with representing the club to our fans and informing them of the latest club offers and campaigns. Applicants must be positive, energetic and personable, comfortable engaging with the public, and strong communicators capable of sharing key club messages.
The Promotions Team assists with club sales and marketing efforts, event coordination, and forms part of the suite concierge program offered by Whitecaps FC. Applicants should expect a busy yet fun working environment. Promo Team members may be required to work at many various locations depending on the game or event, including BC Place, UBC Thunderbird Stadium, sports fields and other sites in the Lower Mainland. Ideal candidates have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Be the “face” of Whitecaps FC - engage with fans to promote key club messages and campaigns
- Receive fan feedback, compile and report it to supervisor
- Work evenings and weekends (successful candidates are expected to be available for a majority of the shifts
- Accompany club mascot Spike at events on request, assisting where necessary with activations
- Act as Concierge for all suites at BC Place
- Support the Sales and Service department by promoting ticket sales and the loyalty program
- Other promotions or marketing tasks as requested by the Coordinator, Event Production
Successful candidates should have:
- A positive work attitude and willingness to learn new skills on the job
- A friendly and outgoing personality, and be comfortable engaging with people
- A background in sales, marketing or events considered an asset
- Basic social media knowledge and skills
- Previous experience in a promo/street team will be considered an asset
- Serving It Right will be considered an asset
- Holder of BC Driver’s License and clear driving record
- A criminal record check may be required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how your qualifications meet the above requirements. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, February 4, 2015