Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s mission is to be a champion club on and off the soccer pitch. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Copywriter.
As the ideal candidate you possess a creative mind and love the challenge of coming up with new ideas, but can also appreciate the impact that small details make. Being an integral member of a team is something you enjoy and you know how to have a laugh while getting stuff done - even if it's occasionally at yourself. Lastly, it wouldn't hurt for you to know the difference between Messi, Maradona and the like.
- recently graduated or worked at an advertising agency;
- the ability to think creatively and translate ideas into copy;
- an eye for detail and a desire for perfection;
- great organisational skills;
- strong research skills that ensure all copy is correct and accurate; and,
- a portfolio (please include no more than 5 writing examples).
- write strong, succinct copy that is grammatically correct;
- meet deadlines and work in a pressurised environment; and,
- combine strategy and creativity.
- be responsible for writing all copy for marketing material including but not limited to print ads, radio spots, sales material, email communication and much more;
- work with one of Vancouver’s most interesting brands;
- report to the Senior Marketing Manager and be a part of the creative team in WFC’s award-winning marketing department. We’re 12 people including you; and,
- work regular office hours. However; there is occasionally the need to be available early or late in the day to maintain the department’s output and reliability.
Applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter addressing how their qualifications meet the above requirements to: Wendy Wait, Manager Human Resources and Administration firstname.lastname@example.org listing “Copywriter” in the subject line.
Deadline: Submissions are to be received by end of business Friday, January 2, 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
Note: Applications that were submitted for the “Creative Manager” position (advertised in October) will automatically be considered for this posting. You do not have to re-submit your application. Thanks!
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration