Account Executive - Fan Services
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a highly organized, professional and friendly individual for the position of Account Executive – Fan Services.
As a member of our hard working customer service team you will:
- Manage assigned accounts with Whitecaps season ticket holders;
- Provide superior customer service to season ticket account holders as well as all fans;
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service;
- Answer the customer service line/email and respond to ticket inquiries, general inquiries and service accordingly;
- Help grow our supporter base by assisting in identifying and facilitating new sales and upgrades;
- Manage season ticket holder requests, expectations;
- Follow up with outstanding accounts and declined payments in a timely manner;
- Assist in the renewal and relocation campaigns;
- Assist with game day duties, as required;
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner;
- Opportunity to be the Project Lead on a customer service related programs
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- High degree of professionalism
- 2-3 years of Customer Service experience; must love dealing with the public
- Project management or Loyalty Program experience a benefit
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If your qualifications meet the above, please email your cover letter and resume by end of business Friday, July 3, 2015 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Please include job title in subject line.
Coordinator, Business Intelligence
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is more than just a professional soccer club. We’re a community of like-minded individuals with a passion for excellence both on and off the pitch and a desire to promote Major League Soccer across the nation.
We believe that data is transforming the way sports organizations operate, which is why we’re seeking to add a fresh and talented data-driven individual to our team. As a member of our Business Intelligence Unit your job will be to seek out actionable insights, uncover growth opportunities and provide us with a competitive advantage. You’ll act as a resource to the entire organization and will be measuring content performance, to customer opinions and everything in between.
This position is well-suited for a recent graduate of a Statistics or Business Analytics program looking to obtain hands-on work experience. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative problem solver with an avidity for finding answers through data.
The Business Intelligence Coordinator reports directly to the Club Analyst at Whitecaps FC’s head office in Vancouver’s historic Gastown.
- Analytical support for the Club Analyst & Business Intelligence research strategy
- Monitor and forecast KPIs and KSFs to support the club’s Business Plan
- Extract valuable information, including relationships, patterns, trends and projections from complex datasets
- Identify actionable insights within datasets and provide business recommendations of observations
- Generate reports which clearly visualize and summarize research findings
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources
- Create dashboards using BI/Visualization tools
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative market research studies
- Design, programming and execution of surveys and data collection
- Digital content and marketing analysis and reporting
- Develop and maintain analytical models to support business decisions
- Facilitate departmental requests using iterative processes
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- A recognized degree or diploma in Statistics or Business Analytics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficient with data analysis and data visualization
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Tableau and/or SAS an asset
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce/Microsoft Dynamics) an asset
- Savvy problem solving skills
- Works well with appropriate direction
- Exceedingly detail oriented
- Able to make effective reports and presentations for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, thoroughness and initiative with regards to problem solving
Please submit your CV and cover letter indicating your salary expectations via email by SUNDAY, JULY 5th, 2015 to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, HR
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing, the Graphic Designer will work within the club’s internal marketing “agency” and act as a primary in-house developer for the club’s design needs. The successful candidate will be a key contributor of the club’s brand, including visual elements for Major League Soccer and United Soccer League franchises, as well as all other lines of business.
To succeed in this role, you are:
- A Mac-based designer with an interest in sports/entertainment, and an appreciation for the aesthetic of the current ‘Caps brand
- Able to effectively collaborate in a group setting, at times taking direction and at other times providing solutions/direction
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Able to work with limited supervision and under tight deadlines
- CREATIVE, energetic and team-oriented
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop CS3 and up
- Demonstrated experience (portfolio) ranging from bringing creative concepts to life visually, through to producing production-ready files for a variety of materials
- Demonstrated understanding of branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Diploma or degree from a recognized design program
- Flash animation and video editing abilities are an asset, though not required
- Design print and digital elements for marketing, sales, sponsorship, event and soccer operations
- Design updates and other graphic elements for all club websites
- Assist in maintaining consistency and managing adherence to our visual brand standards, across the organization and with all our partners
- Work with printing partners to ensure quality production of printed elements including reproduction quality, colour accuracy, etc.
Please submit your CV, a couple of examples of your best/most creative work (not your full portfolio) and cover letter indicating how you meet the above qualifications by Friday, July 10, 2015 to:
Jon Rees, Senior Manager Marketing
Please include your salary expectations in your application. Should you be selected for an interview, your portfolio of work will be requested.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
BC Soccer Opportunity – Director of Community Development
BC Soccer is the largest provincial sport organization (PSO) in BC and the third largest soccer specific PSO in Canada with over 150,000 participants. BC Soccer is responsible for the promotion and development of the game of soccer in British Columbia. Our mission is to develop the game by inspiring British Columbians to lifelong active, inclusive and team play. As a professional not-for-profit society, BC Soccer is committed to providing the widest opportunities for our existing and potential participants, as well as provide support in the most effective and appropriate way for current players, parents, volunteers, member clubs, leagues and districts. We believe in the universal passion of our global game and the power it has to unite and motivate communities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic team within BC Soccer at its Vancouver office. BC Soccer is seeking an inspirational, open minded and experienced professional for the position of Director of Community Development.
The Director of Community Development is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of community development activities which align with BC Soccer’s strategic objectives, including membership services, programs and resources, referee administrative support (referee clinics), events management, competitions and special initiatives.
As a member of the senior staff team, the Director of Community Development reflects the governing principles of leadership and service; contributing to the development of strategic and tactical plans designed to serve the BC Soccer mission, particularly in the area of community development.
Accountable to: Executive Director
Department Oversight: Community Development
Internal relationships: Directly supervise Manager and Coordinators within the Community Development Department in the areas of Membership Service, Competitions, Judicial, Events and Refereeing; relates directly to the Director of Soccer Development, Director of Finance and all BC Soccer staff.
External relationships: Member Youth Districts, Member Adult Leagues, Member Clubs, Referee Instructors, Referee Assessors, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Canadian Soccer Association, Provincial Soccer Associations, BC Soccer Premier League and constituent clubs, Provincial Government, Via Sport, government agencies, BC High School Sports, BC Games, Sport BC, BC High School Sports, BC Colleges and Universities (and leagues), provincial multi-sport organizations, potential members and overall participants in soccer.
- Management of community development staff and oversight of Internship Program.
- Provide advice and leadership on all aspects of BC Soccer’s membership/community services.
- Ensures all activity within the department is aligned and working toward the agreed BC Soccer Strategic and Operations Plan.
- Maintain a customer-focused approach to working with the Association’s membership, ensuring effective communication with all.
- Oversees the development and continual improvement of BC Soccer’s member/community services based on evaluations and membership input.
- Solicits feedback for ideas on membership enhancement opportunities.
- Manage and provide expert guidance and leadership on governance aspects of BC Soccer.
- Oversee and manage development of infrastructure systems to support service delivery (CRM, Discipline, Coaching and Referee management).
- Responsible for the continued review and enhancement of BC Soccer bylaws, rules and regulations and policies to support the membership.
- Provide advice and leadership on BC Soccer Rules and Regulations and their implementation.
- Oversee and support an effective implementation of BC Soccer’s referee program, competitions and events.
- Oversee and develop governance and administration portions of the BC Soccer Club Charter Program.
- Represent BC Soccer and lead various committee(s) including but not limited to BC Soccer Governance, Nominations, Membership and Risk Management.
- Represent BC Soccer on appropriate Canada Soccer Committee, if needed.
- Responsibility for objectives within Support of Members, Competitions and Events, Governance and Referee Development sections of the BC Soccer Strategic and operational plan and activity contribute / work towards them.
- Overall responsibility and management of BC Soccer Events, Referee Development and Competitions’ budgets in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
- Works with all staff colleagues to promote relevant Community Development initiatives and programming.
- Various special duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience, education, skills and characteristics:
- A proven administrative leader with strong experience in collaboration and working effectively with multiple key stakeholders.
- Flexible and open minded approach with the ability to motivate and drive change.
- Highly professional and confident individual able to provide credible leadership for direct staff and BC Soccer.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and the BC Soccer Membership (Youth Districts and Adult Leagues), the wider soccer community and key external partners while supporting the overall structure and philosophical strategy set out by BC Soccer.
- Experience and knowledge of BC Societies Act or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Ability to devote full time and attention to responsibilities and to accomplish these obligations with integrity, loyalty, honesty and dedication.
- Significant knowledge of the structure and governance model of sport in BC and Canada (preferably soccer).
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure systems to support service delivery.
- Commitment to delivering high standards of customer service and appropriate experience to demonstrate this.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and leading staff teams.
- Passion for sport (preferably soccer) with the ability to motivate and enthuse others colleagues and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in successfully managing medium to large level projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator able to articulate clearly information, ideas, policies and strategies of BC Soccer and within the framework of Canada Soccer.
- Exceptional organizer with the ability to multi task and prioritize accordingly.
- Able to compose routine and non-routine correspondence.
- Strong oral presentation skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality.
- Understanding of and experience in planning, managing and developing budgets.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Business, Sports Management, Education.
- Willingness to work flexible hours in line with priorities and demands of programming.
- Able to represent BC Soccer as required, including travelling locally, provincially, nationally and internationally should it be required.
- Experience in a busy office working environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Annual CPIC (Criminal Records) clearance.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid driver’s license.
- The position will include full benefits and a competitive sports industry salary commensurate with experience for a role of this nature.
- Interested applicants, with the ability to work in Canada, should submit their resume, with cover letter and salary expectation range specifically referencing BC SOCCER, DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT in the subject line to BC Soccer by 12 noon on July 15, 2015 to the attention of Jason Elligott, Executive Director at email@example.com
BC Soccer thanks all applicants however ONLY those selected for an interview will be contacted