Vancouver Whitecaps FC strives to be a champion club on and off the soccer pitch. To this end, the club is looking to hire a copywriter for our marketing department’s internal advertising “agency”.
This is a re-posting and extension of the February 2013 “Copywriter“ vacancy. Applicants from the original posting are being considered and will be contacted if selected for an interview.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience working with a variety of media and an understanding of how to develop campaign concepts that support an overarching marketing strategy. You possess a creative mind and love the challenge of coming up with new ideas, but can also appreciate the impact that small details make. Being an integral member of a team is something you enjoy and you know how to have a laugh (even if it's occasionally at yourself) while getting stuff done on tight deadlines. You may even have led a creative team in the past or be interested in acquiring such a role in the future. Lastly, it wouldn't hurt for you to know the difference between Messi, Maradona and the like.
- worked at an advertising agency;
- created creative concepts; and,
- a portfolio (please include) with all your brilliant and über creative ideas.
- write clear, persuasive copy in perfect English;
- come up with ideas that we will wish we have thought of; and,
- combine strategy and creativity.
- report to the marketing director;
- work with one of Vancouver’s most interesting brands; and,
- be a part of the thirteen (13) member team in WFC’s award-winning marketing department.
- wait to meet you!
Please email your CV, portfolio and a covering letter to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration via email: email@example.com, or drop off to: 550 – 375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC.
Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Intern, co-op, practicum opportunity or front office volunteer
Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club is seeking an outstanding achiever to provide a wide variety of administrative assistance in our front office. This is an unpaid position, suitable for a post-secondary student who is interested in gaining experience in front office administration, human resources and archival documentation
- Currently enrolled in a business, human resources or library science program
- General office experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills; superior command of the English language
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, accounting for both planned and unplanned projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Access
- “Can do” attitude, with a willingness to assist in all areas of the club when required
Assisting and working with the Manager, HR and Administration the Intern will:
- Input confidential information into the new database of WhitecapsFC employees
- Update new employee orientation manual and paperwork
- Update recruiting and leaving forms
- Complete HR and administrative filing
- Prepare reports as required
Assisting and working with the Executive Assistant and Office Manager, the Intern will:
- Answer the general phone line, complete reception, mail, courier duties as required in the absence of the Administrative Intern
- Update the “Archival” database and organize all archival artifacts, paperwork, etc
- Clean and organize the storage and archival area
Start date: As soon as possible
Term runs approximately 30 hours per week depending on individual's schedule, until end August with a possible extension.
Please email or fax your CV with a covering letter to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org, by end of business, Friday, June 14, 2013.
Late applications will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
One year maternity leave replacement
Start date: Mid-August 2013
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is seeking an outstanding achiever to provide a wide variety of duties in our Communications and Community Relations Department in our front office. This position is a maternity leave replacement for approximately one year, commencing mid-August 2013.
As a key member of the communications team, the communications and community relations manager works closely with the director of communications, senior manager of media relations and broadcast, and editorial team to build brand awareness for the club.
The position is responsible for creating and executing a strategic communications plan to support the objectives of the club’s ticketing, corporate partnerships, and soccer development functions. The role also leads and manages all community relations programs including speaking engagements, awards, player/coach/executive appearances, and charitable events and initiatives. The manager also assists in proactive issues management including creating and updating key messages documents and providing media training for various WhitecapsFC personnel.
Other duties may include writing and editing including media releases, feature stories, match reports, player biographies, and more. The communications manager also serves as back up to the senior manager of media relations and broadcast for the men’s first team (MLS), and to the director of communications. The role manages the club’s communications coordinator, club ambassador, and community relations intern.
- Minimum five years experience in a communications/ media relations role
- Strong writing and editing skills with proven ability to deliver polished editorial
- Experience developing and executing a strategic communications plan including executing high profile corporate events and news conferences
- Exceptional time management skills with an ability to multi-task and manage the demands of multiple departments
- Experience working in a media relations role with a clear understanding of the needs and requirements of media
- Understanding of media monitoring and valuation processes
- Good understanding of the sport of soccer
- Manages corporate communications and community relations portfolios from strategy to execution
- Develops and manages communications plans for major club initiatives
- Primary communications contact for soccer development programs, partnerships, merchandise, and ticketing; provides back up on MLS team and back up to director, communications
- Issues management including creation and dissemination of communications briefs and training spokespeople on messaging
- Co-manages editorial direction (including video) for whitecapsfc.com
- Develops and manages all community relations programs including speaking engagements, player appearances, events, awards, mascot program and donations requests
- Assists with writing and editing all Whitecaps FC materials including media releases/advisories, speaking notes, website articles, match day program, match previews/reports, media guide, key messages/Q&A etc.
- Proactive media pitching
- Oversees media monitoring/measurement
- Tracks and manages community relations budget and expenses
- Manages club wide player and executive appearances
- Direct management of communications coordinator, club ambassador and interns
Start date: Mid-August, 2013
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Your cover letter and CV should clearly outline how you meet our basic qualifications, and be emailed to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration: email@example.com, by end of business, Friday, June 21, 2013.
Late applications will not be considered.
No phone calls please.