Manager, Partnership Marketing
The Partnership Marketing department of Vancouver Whitecaps FC is a fast-paced, and deadline/deliverables driven environment in which staff need to be customer-service oriented, able to work independently and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The Manager, Partnership Marketing plays a key role within the Department. S/he needs to understand the overarching objectives of both Whitecaps FC partners and the Partnership department/Whitecaps organization as a whole. S/he will need to take responsibility for ensuring that partner assets and deliverables are managed under the direction of the Director, Partnership Marketing to ensure the satisfaction level of our partners. S/he will be expected to deliver world class service and will need to communicate and work collaboratively with staff in multiple departments.
Reporting structure: The Manager, Partnership Marketing reports directly to the Director, Partnership Marketing.
Direct reports: Coordinator, Partnership Marketing and Assistant, Partnership Marketing (Coop/Intern)
- Work with partners in the development and execution of strategic sponsorship marketing and activation plans in advance of and throughout each season and ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Maintain superb working relationships with all partnership contacts and ensure a high level of partner satisfaction.
- Oversee the strategic direction on the development of WFC2 partnership model; deliverables, activations, unique experiences.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to maximize integrated program opportunities across portfolio of Whitecaps FC partners and the clubs planned events.
- Provide direction on the development of processes and reporting metrics for partner deliverables and activations.
- Establish a sound understanding of the clubs suite services policies and processes and work to support the engagement of all club suiteholders.
- Oversee match day activations for both WFC and WFC2, including ‘Caps Kickoff, onsite contesting and partner match night sponsorship elements and partnership staffing.
- Oversee the responsibilities and deliverables of the Coordinator, Partnership Marketing and the Assistant, Partnership in the execution of partner deliverables and events.
- Support the Director, Partnership Marketing in the administrative duties of the department as necessary.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities:
- Ensure all partner match day activation responsibilities are managed and provide guidance/ oversight of the Coordinator and Assistant for all partnership department match day deliverables.
- Manage escalation of any onsite issues or challenges.
- Assist with hospitality responsibilities for partner and prospect match hosting.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, sponsorship and client management. Agency experience an asset.
- Extensive event management and promotional activation experience.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, superior execution and delivery
- Knowledge of and experience in the professional sports industry an asset
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills
- Successful track record in client management, marketing and promotions, event planning and project management
- Commitment to team and working closely with others to ensure team success
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines and detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a complex and constantly changing work environment
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates
- Excellent organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills essential
- Attention to detail and a strong customer service focus are essential
This position requires the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends and the applicant should hold a valid driver’s license. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time. Titles may be adjusted from time to time to accurately reflect responsibilities.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration via email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, February 27, 2015.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking to acquire a Creative Writer. The transfer window is closing, so don’t wait to apply for this rare opportunity to work in professional sports with one of Vancouver’s top brands.
This entry-to-mid level position will be working with our award winning marketing team and our next ideal colleague must have:
- Exceptional English language skills;
- The ability to work and concentrate on the job at hand in an open-concept office;
- Passion, creativity, drive;
- A sense of teamwork, a sense of humour and common sense; and,
- Be willing to work unusual hours, some late nights, and weekends when needed.
Assets for the position include:
- Diploma / Degree in Marketing or knowledge and experience with marketing campaigns.
- Creative writing experience and exceptional proofreading skills.
- The ability to, with the mastery of the written word, relay messages, themes and style within a single marketing paragraph.
General overview of the duties:
A writer extraordinaire, you will compose, construct and develop copy for ad campaigns; match day programs; e-mail communication; website content; and, other deliverables.
You don’t necessarily need to have a lot of experience or even a portfolio – but feel free to prove your creativity when writing your cover letter. If you’re really feeling up to it, you can even take one of our existing marketing pieces and re-write the copy.
Send your cover letter along with your CV to: email@example.com
This position will remain posted until the position has been filled.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently looking for a Communications Team member to work in our fast-paced front office. This position is a contract position running through to October 31, 2015.
The communications coordinator supports the entire communications team, working closely with the senior manager of media relations & broadcast and communications specialist to assist in building brand awareness of the club across all lines of business from MLS, USL, Residency teams, to camps, clinics, community relations, partnerships, and ticket sales. This includes writing and editing a variety of materials, providing media relations and match day support, as well as managing a number of systems and processes for the department including media monitoring and metrics, media services, database, and accreditation process.
- Preferably 1-2 years experience in a public relations capacity
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral
- Knowledge of soccer, Whitecaps FC, and MLS
Strong computer skills – proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Progressive skills in social media and other emerging platforms
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be able to build strong internal and external relationships
- Must be available to work flexible hours
- Positive, organized, and reliable
- Match day press box management (all teams)
- Assisting with media requests
- Website updates (editorial)
- Social media support during match days
- Media database and accreditations management
- Issue weekly schedule to media
- Media pitching
Contribute to all Whitecaps FC publications including:
- Media releases/advisories
- Feature stories
- Website articles
- Match previews/reports
- Media notes
- Match programs
- Media guide, bios, rosters, stats
- Assisting with statistics management
- Media monitoring management and other media coverage metrics
- Management of the communications team’s projects and calendar
- Provide support for club award applications and speaking opportunities
- Assist with the generation of creative and interesting story ideas
- Training coverage
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to:
Wendy Wait, Manager, HR Manager
Operations Crew Member
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently looking for people interested in joining the Operations Crew. This is a part time role that supports the operational deliverables at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, WFC2 and auxiliary events throughout the Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate will be able to lift up to 60lbs independently, and have experience working in a labour intensive environment.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Working within a team of 10-12 event operations crew members to convert BC Place stadium to a Whitecaps FC branded stadium.
- Install field boards, signage and other brand elements.
- With direction from the Operations Supervisor, deliver on match-day requirements such as installation of seat wraps, partnership activations and field set-up.
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the event operations inventory.
- Work independently to pick-up, deliver, set-up and remove operational and brand equipment for WFC2 matches at UBC Thunderbird Stadium.
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day Whitecaps special events.
- Must work extremely well in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and ability to take direction from others is required
- Must be able to comfortably lift 60lbs.
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful outlook
- Clean Class 5 Driver’s License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position will require weekend and evening work.
Operations Crew team members will be scheduled in accordance with the Whitecaps FC home match schedule, with strong consideration given to performance. It is requested that all Operations Crew members provide availability for at least 12 matches though there is no guarantee of shifts.
Operations Crew team members will receive an hourly wage for the period of time worked. Along with this, Crew will also receive:
- Operations Crew Team Uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary staff meal during shift
- Whitecaps match tickets, based on availability
- Whitecaps post-season social
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how your qualifications meet the above requirements. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to submit your application is 11:59pm, February 18.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration