COORDINATOR, PARTNERSHIP MARKETING
The Partnership Marketing department of Vancouver Whitecaps FC is a fast-paced, and deadline/deliverables driven environment in which staff need to be customer-service oriented, able to work independently and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The Coordinator, Partnership Marketing plays a key role within the Department. S/he needs to understand the overarching objectives of both Whitecaps FC partners and the Partnership department/Whitecaps organization as a whole. S/he will need to take responsibility for ensuring that partner assets and deliverables are managed under the direction of the Specialists of Partnership Marketing to ensure the satisfaction level of our partners. S/he will be expected to deliver world class service and will need to communicate and work collaboratively with staff in multiple departments.
The Coordinator, Partnership Marketing will be assigned a group of Partners to act as the Account Manager for. S/he will also provide support to the Director and Specialists of Partnership Marketing, managing partner projects and events and providing day-to-day customer service.
- Account management for an assigned group of partners, ensuring contractual obligations are met
- Project manage Partner events and activations
- Track reporting metrics for partner deliverables and activations
- Prepare mid-season and year end sponsorship reports
- Manage WFC2 partner deliverables and activations, under the supervision of the Specialist, Partnership Marketing
- Oversee the development of a monthly newsletter distributed to Partners
- Oversee, in conjunction with other Club departments, the delivery of Partner branded pieces within events and soccer development initiatives; collateral, signage, giveaways, advertisements, etc.
- Manage Partner player appearances with the assistance of the Assistant, Partnership Marketing
- Providing support to all Partners and Partner activations as required
- Other duties, as required and assigned
Match Day Responsibilities:
Match day responsibilities for the Coordinator, Partnership Marketing position will focus on managing all partner onsite activations, both at ‘Caps Kickoff and in-bowl. As directed by the Specialist, Partnership Marketing, the Coordinator will:
- Act as the Match Lead, the first point of contact for any Partnership Marketing related inquires on match day
- Attend pre match production meetings, confirming all Partner production elements have been uploaded and tested
- Oversee ‘Caps Kickoff including the planning and partner communication leading up
- Work with Partnerships team to manage the flow of all aspects of onsite activation for partners on match day
- Coordinate with Event Operations and other departments to ensure all onsite requirements are managed
- Other duties, as required and assigned
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, sponsorship and/or client management
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, superior execution and delivery
- Knowledge of and experience in the professional sports industry and / or agency experience is an asset
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills
- Successful track record in marketing and promotions, event planning and project management
- Commitment to team and working closely with others to ensure team success
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines and detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a complex and constantly changing work environment
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates
- Excellent organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills essential
- Attention to detail and a strong customer service focus are essential
This position requires the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends and the applicant should hold a valid driver’s license. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time. Titles may be adjusted from time to time to accurately reflect responsibilities.
Please submit cover letter indicating your salary expectations and resume to Wendy Wait, Manager, Human Resources and Administration via email: email@example.com no later than Tuesday, May 26, 2015.
STUDENT PRACTICUM (INTERNSHIP) PROGRAM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes in assisting post-secondary students to achieve the requirements of practicum placement credits by gaining experience in their chosen fields.
The club accepts applications for unpaid practicums via recognized post-secondary institutions. Our placements are typically for a three month duration with longer terms available depending on the student and the program.
We cannot accept applications for paid internships, or unpaid internships that do not qualify for credit in a post-secondary program, as per the “Employment Standards Act” of BC.
The following departments may have opportunities available at various times during the year:
- Community Relations / Communications
- Event Operations
- Sports Medicine and Training
- Video production
- Video and match analysis
- Soccer Development and Operations
- General Administration, Finance and HR
- Ticketing – Complex Database Administration
- Partnership Activation and Marketing
- Graphic Design
In order to qualify for an unpaid practicum placement, applicants must have the support of the faculty at their institution, WCB coverage through their school, and be willing to work varied hours and at several different sites throughout the Lower Mainland. Experience in the discipline they wish to work is an asset. In addition to being sponsored by their institution, students must be legally entitled to work in Canada via a student visa/work permit.
To inquire about opportunities at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, please have your Co-op, practicum and/or faculty advisor contact:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration