The Soccer Operations department at Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a video analysis student. This position will offer the incumbent first-hand experience of the inner-workings of a professional soccer team, specifically contributing to the club’s scouting and coaching objectives.
- Film all matches and training sessions as directed by the coaching staff
- Assist in the compilation of statistics and reports
- Video editing and clipping as instructed by the Head, Analysis and Scouting
- Data entry and administration of the club’s football database
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program relevant to the position and able to obtain Practicum and/or Co-op status to receive credit for the work experience
- Experience in a high level soccer environment (as a player or coach) with a passion for the game
- Dependable, discreet and professional
- Good MS Office skills with a high level of technical literacy
- Enjoy being part of a team environment
- Able to be present for match days and evenings/weekends
- Start date: asap
- Duration: 6 months (remainder of MLS season)
- Location: UBC and BC Place
- Compensation: Honorarium to be discussed
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com by Monday, April 28, 2014, outlining your course of studies, soccer history and why you are interested in this position.
Co-ordinator, Payroll & Payables
If you are looking to join a fast-paced and exciting professional sports work environment in a financial capacity, the Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a Co-ordinator, Payroll & Payables. The club is built on a model similar to that of most European football clubs. As such, it has multiple lines of business and complex relationships starting from grassroots soccer all the way up to the club’s flagship franchise in Major League Soccer.
With a dual reporting structure to the Vice-President, Finance & Administration and the Senior Accountant, the Co-ordinator, Payroll & Payables will:
- Meticulously compile and process the payroll for salaried and hourly club staff. This includes the calculation and tracking of all taxable benefits, calculation of required statutory deductions, and year-end tax form compliance.
- Work with Human Resources regarding employee changes such as new hires, terminations and other adjustments.
- Ensure the smooth running of the accounts payable process, including receiving and distributing incoming invoices to appropriate departments for approval, checking and entering approved invoices and expense reports into the system, and generating cheque runs, all in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Together with the Senior Accountant, maintain vendor relations and review all vendor statements to ensure accounts are up to date, and co-ordinate and handle the resolution of any disputes.
- Manage the Club’s expense reimbursement process, including the centralized corporate credit card program.
- Co-ordinate and administer the satisfaction of the Club’s regulatory compliance requirements including, GST & PST reporting, payroll and withholding tax reporting and WorkSafeBC reporting.
- Design and produce periodic reports to help manage payments or other requested financial analysis.
- Reconcile related general ledger accounts and assist in the preparation of necessary documentation for external audits and reviews.
- Consistently evaluate company processes and pro-actively encourage adoption of best practices in this area.
- Complete other duties that may evolve based on the aptitudes and interests of the successful candidate and the needs of the club.
Requirements & Attributes
- A recognized post-secondary diploma or degree
- Demonstrated experience processing Canadian payroll and accounts payable in a corporate setting
- Combination of experience and education will be considered
- Enrolled or studying towards a Canadian accounting certification or membership in the Canadian Payroll Association is desirable.
- Experience with Simply Accounting software, an automated financial reporting package or an automated payroll processing package is an asset.
- Highly organized with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- General proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications
Start date: May 2014
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 25, 2014 at 4:30 pm
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and achievements, including salary expectations, to:
W. Wait, Manager HR and Administration
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.