Specialist, Digital Media
Come work for the fastest growing sports brand in Vancouver and an award winning digital team!
Working within the marketing team at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the digital media specialist will assist in the development and maintenance of all Whitecaps FC digital activations such as websites, newsletters, social media campaigns and other digitally produced materials. Candidate should be a self-starter, prepared to work as part of a team in a faced-paced environment.
The digital medial specialist reports directly to the senior digital media manager.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related field.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field.
- Executing updates & administering content on whitecapsfc.com and other Whitecaps FC digital assets
- Coding, validating, and sending HTML email campaigns using Exact Target
- Managing data on Exact Target
- Preparing and creating digital assets in Photoshop
- Monitoring quality and relevancy of site and social media assets
- Building microsites and landing pages to support marketing campaigns
- Contributing to Whitecaps FC social media channels on MLS/USL match days (both home and away)
- Assisting the execution of digital advertising campaigns
- Researching social media trends and emerging digital technology
- Advanced HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Experience using Exact Target
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong ability to learn new software packages’
- Excellent social media skills
- Flexibility, initiative, and dedication
- Creative ability an asset
- Experience with power editor and other advertising platforms
This position requires the ability and willingness to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends, in particular special events and match days/nights. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
Please respond with your CV and cover letter with salary expectations via email to Wendy Wait, Senior Manager HR:
Deadline for applications: End of business on Friday, May 27th.
Manager, Partnership Sales
The Partnership Sales department of Vancouver Whitecaps FC is a fast-paced and results oriented environment. The Manager, Partnership Sales is a sales focused role in which the successful candidate needs to be comfortable with cold calls, generating new leads and managing the sales pipeline for sponsorship as well as corporate suites. S/he will be expected to deliver on aggressive sales targets and to continuously generate leads to grow sponsorship, advertising and suites revenue.
Reporting structure: Based in Vancouver at the club’s head office, the Manager, Partnership Sales reports directly to the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
- Generate sponsorship revenue through partnership and advertising sales for both Whitecaps FC (MLS) and WFC2 (USL), including the club’s growing soccer development programs.
- Play a key role in filling the sponsorship pipeline year-round by researching identified prospects and creating a detailed sales strategy for each.
- Prospect, negotiate and close deals that focus specifically on sponsorship, advertising and corporate suites revenues for the organization.
- Work with the Partnerships team to initiate and grow sustainable client relationships.
- Maintain an indirect relationship with the Ticket Sales team to ensure continuity of messaging and leads tracking between departments.
- Generate new corporate revenue by identifying prospective clients and strategic partners through various channels.
- Create, organize and maintain sponsor and advertiser contracts as well as other legal documents.
- Assist in the creation and management of the organization’s sales process and strategies for sponsorship.
- Help define and establish new sponsorship properties within the organization, in partnership with other internal departments.
- Prepare proposals, presentations and reports for the Director, Corporate Partnerships and other club executives.
- Keep up to date with current developments in the sports marketing industry (specifically sponsorship and corporate hospitality) and utilize this information to guide strategy for potential new proposals and properties.
- Maintain an up-to-date and working knowledge of soccer, the MLS and Whitecaps FC as well as the competitive landscape in Canada, North America and around the globe.
- Collaborate and work closely with Partnership Marketing to assist in delivery of contractual partnership elements, events and match day hosting opportunities including coordination of corporate suites each match.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and in possession of a BC Driver’s licence
- Must have 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Must have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Must be computer literate and have strong Microsoft Office and social media expertise
Skills and Abilitites:
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Comfort and experience with both cold calling and consultative sales.
- Successful track record in delivering on sales targets.
- Commitment to a team environment and working closely with others to ensure team success.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to, communicating and negotiating with, senior-level and C-level executives.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines and aggressive financial targets.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast paced work environment.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision while being accountable for those decisions.
- Strong experience crafting compelling and impactful sales presentations.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates.
- Excellent organization, time-management and administrative skills essential.
- Attention to detail and a strong sales focus are essential.
- Previous experience selling digital/online advertising an asset.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce an asset but not required.
- An advantage if you have a passion for, and understanding of the culture of, sports and/or soccer as well as knowledge of Vancouver Whitecaps FC structure .
This role will require the ability and willingness to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends for games, special events and other club initiatives. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
Please submit your CV with the title, “Manager, Partnership Sales” in the subject line. Please clearly outline how you meet our requirements along with your salary expectations to:
Wendy Wait, Senior Manager Human Resources
This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.
Operations Crew Member 2016
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is currently looking for people interested in joining the Operations Crew. This is a part time role that supports the operational deliverables at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, WFC2 and auxiliary events throughout the Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate will be able to lift up to 60lbs independently, and have experience working in a labour intensive environment.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Working within a team of 10-12 event operations crew members to convert BC Place stadium to a Whitecaps FC branded stadium.
- Install field boards, signage and other brand elements.
- With direction from the Operations Supervisor, deliver on match-day requirements such as installation of seat wraps, partnership activations and field set-up.
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the event operations inventory.
- Work independently to pick-up, deliver, set-up and remove operational and brand equipment for WFC2 matches at UBC Thunderbird Stadium.
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day Whitecaps special events.
- Must work extremely well in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and ability to take direction from others is required
- Must be able to comfortably lift 60lbs.
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful outlook
- Clean Class 5 Driver’s License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position will require weekend and evening work.
Operations Crew team members will be scheduled in accordance with the Whitecaps FC home match schedule, with strong consideration given to performance. It is requested that all Operations Crew members provide availability for at least 12 matches though there is no guarantee of shifts.
Operations Crew team members will receive an hourly wage for the period of time worked. Along with this, Crew will also receive:
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary staff meal during shift
- Whitecaps match tickets, based on availability
- Whitecaps post-season social
- Additional event management opportunities throughout the season
If you are legally entitled to work in Canada, please send your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
'Caps Crew Team
The ‘Caps Crew Team is an integral part of the Whitecaps FC Organization. We are reliant on dedicated and enthusiastic people to help ensure a successful execution on match days.
We offer a rewarding opportunity to become engaged in your community and to gain useful experience within the sports industry while working WFC2 matches.
Please take a look at http://www.whitecapsfc.com/jobs#wfc2 for the various positions we have available this season and submit your resume to email@example.com. If you are interested in more than one position, please list the roles you would like to be considered for in order of preference in your cover letter.
- Access Control
- Activation Team
- Director’s Spotter
- Photo Marshall
- Plaza Ambassador
- Ticket Scanner
- Future Stars Supervisor
Job Requirements for all positions
- Friendly and personable
- Confident, articulate, and enthusiastic
- Excellent people skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- Knowledgeable and passionate about soccer
- Interest in a career in media or sports management is an asset
Volunteers are required to work at a minimum of 8 WFC2 matches.
Being part of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC ‘Caps Crew team provides valuable experience and knowledge about the professional sports industry. Opportunities encompass professional development, networking with club staff, contacts, and partners, and engaging with a community of like-minded peers. In addition, individuals will be able to watch a portion of the match during scheduled volunteer shifts.
Volunteers will receive the following benefits:
- “adidas” volunteer uniform
- Match day parking (based on schedule)
- Complimentary food & beverage during shift
- Volunteer social activities throughout the season
- Whitecaps MLS tickets
- Whitecaps post-season party
- Prizes and rewards throughout the season
If you are a highly organized, dynamic, and community minded individual with a passion for sport and events, we want to hear from you. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whitecaps FC Promotions Team
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for PROMO TEAM MEMBERS! This team will be part of all Whitecaps FC MLS and WFC2 matches and ancillary events. You will be tasked with representing the club to our fans while informing them of the latest club offers and campaigns. The Promotions Team will operate club activations and also form part of the suite hosting program offered by Whitecaps FC.
Applicants should be willing to excel in dealing with the public, effectively promote club key messages and most importantly, able to have fun on the job. Candidates must work as part of a team but should be able to work independently and be able to manage an event experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Face of Whitecaps FC, promote key club messages and campaigns
- Receive fan feedback, compile and report it to club management
- Work at the majority of club events, bringing a positive attitude and demeanour
- Evening and weekend work will be a part of this job; successful candidates are expected to be available for a majority of the shifts
- Assist match day production staff in the execution of partner activations
- Accompany club mascot Spike at MLS matches, assisting where necessary with activations
- Act as hosts for suites at BC Place
- Must be 19 or older
- Have a positive work attitude and willingness to learn new skills on the job
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Should be Tech Savvy minded individuals with a background in marketing and events
- Previous experience in a promo/street team will be considered an asset
- Holder of BC Driver’s License and clear driving abstract
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Resume and cover letter to be sent to Johan Mordijck, Senior Manager, Marketing, email@example.com no later than midnight on Friday June 16th.
GRASSROOTS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
BC Soccer is the provincial sport governing body with the mission to govern, promote and develop the game of soccer in British Columbia in a professional and progressive manner. Established in 1907, BC Soccer is the largest provincial sport organization (PSO) in BC and the third largest soccer specific PSO in Canada with over 150,000 participants. As a professional not-for-profit society and a member of Canada Soccer, BC Soccer is committed to providing the widest opportunities for existing and potential participants, as well as provide support in the most effective and appropriate way for current players, parents, volunteers, member clubs, leagues and districts.
BC Soccer is comprised of more than 120,000 registered players, over 2,200 registered referees, and thousands of volunteer coaches, administrators and soccer leaders. Working with its 40 member Youth Districts and 11 Adult Leagues as well as their affiliate member clubs, BC Soccer operates under the guiding principles of Professional Leadership, Passionate Service and Progressive Collaboration. In managing its relationships throughout the larger soccer community, BC Soccer’s vision is to ensure every British Columbian has the opportunity to be involved in soccer as part of a lifelong commitment to active, health and involved lifestyle.
BC Soccer’s Grassroots Development Officer is directly supervised by the Director of Soccer Development and is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of all Grassroots activity within BC Soccer including (but not limited to), implementing the BC Soccer Club Charter Program, facilitating/scheduling/supporting Grassroots services (Festivals and workshops) and assisting/supporting the membership in is widest sense as it relates to player and coach development within grassroots environments.
Accountable to: Director of Soccer Development
Internal relationships: Relates with all BC Soccer staff and specifically with the Manager of Coach Development, High Performance Officer, Soccer Development Coordinator, Director of Community Development, Finance Department, Club Charter Leads, along with various board members and committees/members within the structure.
Key external relationships: Districts, Leagues, Clubs, Coaches and Referees; Canadian Soccer Association; Vancouver Whitecaps FC; BC High School Sports; BC Summer Games.
- Responsible for grassroots related objectives as outlined within the BC Soccer Strategic and Operational plans
- Development and implementation of appropriate grassroots services and programs that fulfill BC Soccer Strategic and Operational plans
- Implementation of province wide grassroots programming initiatives, including but not limited to the BC Soccer Club Charter Program, Grassroots Festivals and Grassroots Workshops.
- Day to day oversight of Club Charter Leads and Grassroots support contractors including recruitment, training and on-going education in order to deliver grassroots services to the soccer community
- Facilitate the implementation and engagement with grassroots clubs of Long Term Player Development
- Involvement in and implementation of BC Soccer’s overall player and coaching development programs
- Responsible for management and delivery of BC Soccer representation at the BC Summer Games
- Appropriate technical development and integration of FUTSAL programming into grassroots services
- Coordinate grassroots under 9 to under 12 Grassroots Festival Grant Program (from application process to on field delivery)
- Development and continual oversight of grassroots festival format for implementation by clubs, districts and BC Soccer Grassroots support contractors
- Identification and provision for appropriate resources and support for elements of soccer science necessary within grassroots programming
- Grassroots development budget support including planning and day to day oversight
- Works with all department staff members to promote relevant HP initiatives
- Various special duties as assigned by the Director of Soccer Development
Required Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, Training, Experience, and Education
- Must hold a minimum CSA ‘B’ National Coaching license, or foreign equivalency.
- Experience in delivery of Small Sided (U12 & Below) Programming, specifically to player and coach development.
- Knowledge of BC Soccer Grassroots Club Programming.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Soccer Association and BC Soccer’s Long Term Player Development guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Represent BC Soccer as required, including traveling inter provincially and nationally should it be required.
- Commitment to delivering high standards of customer service and appropriate experience to demonstrate this
- Confident leader able to provide credible leadership and support
- Exceptional organization and prioritizing skills.
- Able to compose routine and non-routine correspondence, including strong oral presentation skills.
- Work independently and in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and the BC Soccer Membership (Clubs, Districts, Leagues, etc.) and key external partners while supporting the overall structure and philosophical strategy set out by the British Columbia Soccer Association.
- Represent BC Soccer as required, including traveling inter provincially and nationally should it be required.
- Annual CPIC (Criminal Records) clearance.
- Has use of a Personal Vehicle with a valid Class 5 driving license
- Fluency in English.
- Passionate about sport, preferably soccer.
- Experience in an office-working environment.
- Demonstrated strong public speaking ability in both on and off field environments.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectation range to BC Soccer by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 27th, 2016 to the attention of Chris Cerroni, Director of Soccer Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.