Whitecaps FC Match Day Information
Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches take place at BC Place stadium. The following Match Day Guide is designed to ensure that your experience at BC Place is enjoyable and convenient.
No discounts on the price of admission will be offered based on the time of your entry to the match. The ticket price is the same whether you enter at the beginning or end of the match.
All stadium entrances are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair seating is located on Level 2. All suites are also wheelchair accessible.
The stadium has an entrance designated as “Disabled Entrance”, it is located on Pacific Boulevard underneath Gate F. Elevators are located at this entrance and guests may request special wheelchair assistance upon arrival. Simply inform staff and wheelchair assistance will be arranged.
The stadium is located at 777 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 4Y8
Alcohol policies are in place to ensure all guests have a great and memorable time during their visit. For those who would like to consume alcoholic beverages, they are available at beverage concession stands throughout the venue, as well as portable beverage stands. Provincial liquor laws prohibit guests from bringing alcoholic beverages into the stadium. The only alcohol permitted on the premises must be purchased and/or dispensed by authorized stadium servers. Guests who appear to be under the age of 30 will be required to show approved identification. No guest will be served more than two alcoholic beverages at any given time. Alcohol beverage sales will stop at the 70 minute mark during Whitecaps matches. We are proud to offer fans Budweiser, the Official Beer of Vancouver Whitecaps FC, but encourage all fans to drink responsibly and consider all the alternate modes of transportation available.
Only certified service dogs or service dogs in training will be allowed into the stadium. All other animals are prohibited.
Changing stations are located in washrooms throughout the stadium. There are also Parent Rooms on Level 2.
BAGS / BAG SEARCH
All bags and backpacks that easily fit under a seat are allowed. All bags are subject to search prior to entering the stadium. No soft-sided containers, coolers or large bags (bigger than 12” x 12” x 12”) are permitted into the stadium on Vancouver Whitecaps FC match days. Event security is required to open all bags at the gates for a visual inspection before allowing guests’ entry. Security measures may be increased based on direction from MLS or FIFA, or orders from the Vancouver Police Department. These procedures will include but are not limited to a more thorough search of persons and property as well as a pat down. Due to these safety procedures, we strongly recommend early arrival to all Whitecaps FC matches.
BANNERS AND SIGNS / VISUAL DISPLAYS OF SUPPORT
For Whitecaps matches, fans are permitted to bring signs, flags, and/or banners into the stadium to exhibit their support for the club. All signs, flags, and/or banners must follow these guidelines:
- All signs, flags, and banners that are 4' x 8' or larger, or that have messaging on them, must be pre-approved by Vancouver Whitecaps FC Front Office before use at the match (see prohibited items list)
- No profanities may be exhibited on the sign, flag, or banner
- No inappropriate or disrespectful language may be exhibited on the sign, flag, or banner
- The sign, flag, or banner may not block the view of other fans during play
Any signs, flags, or banners that do not follow the above guidelines will be confiscated.
To have your visual displays of support approved for use, please send an email with accompanying photo of your sign, flag or banner to:
Coordinator, Event Operations
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
All signs, flags, and banners that are not approved will not be permitted to enter the stadium. All displays of support are still subject to search upon entering the stadium.
All fans needing a TIFO approval sticker are to enter Gate G (Only gate with stickers)
BEVERAGES, BOTTLES AND CANS
Empty water bottles are permitted into the stadium and are subject to search at the gate. Bottled water can also be purchased in venue.
Complimentary, safe and secure bicycle parking is provided by The Bicycle Valet (thebicyclevalet.ca), located at Gate F of BC Place. Bike valet service is available from gate opening time to a half hour after the final whistle.
The area for stroller parking is located next to Guest Services at section 234.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is not responsible for any lost or damaged items. If a stroller parking ticket is lost, proof of identification must be provided in order to claim the stroller.
Stroller parking is available from gate opening time to a half hour after the final whistle. If no strollers are dropped off, stroller parking will close at halftime.
CAMERA AND VIDEO EQUIPMENT
Personal photography is permitted on Bell Pitch downtown provided the images are for personal use only, however any audio or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer. Photographic support tools that may interfere with others' enjoyment of the match (tripods, professional lenses - larger than 200 mm, etc.) are not permitted in the stadium.
*Policy updated as of August 2011
CELLULAR PHONES AND PAGERS
The use of cellular phones and pagers is allowed at BC Place, provided the usage does not interfere with another guest’s enjoyment of the game. Bell is the Premier Founding Partner and Official Telecommunications Partner of Whitecaps FC. We encourage fans to check out their mobile services and phones at www.bell.ca/.
Children age two and under will be admitted free as long as the child is sitting on an adult's lap. If a parent requests a physical seat for the child, he/she must purchase a ticket.
CODE OF CONDUCT
BC Place management is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests, free from the following behaviors.
- Fans are encouraged to sing, cheer, and otherwise support their teams while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, team stadium employees, and stadium property.
- Fans will not engage in disruptive behaviour, including foul, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures towards, or in reference to a player, coach, referee, fan, or staff member.
- Fans will not engage in fighting and are prohibited from throwing objects or attempting to enter the field.
- Those who engage in any of these actions will be ejected immediately from the venue and remanded to the proper authorities.
- Confetti and streamers are permitted in celebration in the designated time windows. Streamers and confetti may be thrown during goal celebrations, stoppage of play, pre-game, half-time, and post-game ceremonies. Streamers may not be thrown at players, officials, or staff. All will be permitted as long as there is no interference to the event.
- Supporters are never allowed to enter the opposing team’s supporter sections at any time.
- Fans will comply with requests from team and stadium staff regarding stadium operations and from local authorities regarding emergency response procedures.
- Fans will sit in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested. Specific sections are designated as standing areas for supporters. Although standing is allowed in Supporter sections, standing on chairs is not permitted.
- Fans will not smoke in any area of the stadium as it is a non smoking facility.
- Fans will not exhibit any obscene, indecent, political or inciting messages on signs, clothing or other material. The stadium and Whitecaps FC reserve the right to pre-approve all banners, flags and drums prior to the event. These items are not permitted entry through the gates.
- Whitecaps FC and the stadium in conjunction with MLS, reserves the right to revoke any of these privileges if the Supporters do not cooperate in a respectful manner and abide by Whitecaps and stadium rules, regulations, or policies.
- There will be zero tolerance for the violation of any local, provincial or federal laws.
If someone interferes with your enjoyment of a game, please contact a Fan Force Guest Relations staff for assistance. You can also receive assistance on match day by texting ‘FORCE’ to 69050, emailing email@example.com, or calling the Fan Line at 604.661.3434.
Centerplate, the food service provider at BC Place Stadium, offers a wide variety of meal choices in the concession stands from your classic hotdog, burger and fries to Vij’s curries, short rib poutine, house smoked meat sandwiches, bacon wrapped hot dogs and house made soups and panini. They take pride in producing items like chili, butter chicken, sushi, panini, soups, and salads in-house utilizing local products.
Whitecaps guests who upgrade to the Club Seats can choose from two Club Lounges that offer items like sushi, garden salads, D original hotdogs (a locally produced natural hotdog made specifically for BC Place), and charcuterie and cheese plates. Centerplate’s Chef also makes his own ketchup and mustard to compliment your favorite meal in this area.
First Aid Stations and rovers are located throughout the concourse on level 2.
LOST AND FOUND
If you lose (or find) an item during the match, please report the loss (or bring the found item) to Guest Services in section 234 on level 2.
Parents looking for a lost child should report to Guest Services located at section 234 on level 2 immediately.
Official Whitecaps FC merchandise will be available at stores and kiosks on the concourse on level 2.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
BMO MasterCard is the preferred method of payment at all Whitecaps matches, but Visa, Debit and cash are accepted at ticketing, food, and merchandise locations throughout the stadium. No cheques are accepted. There are ATM machines on the concourse on level 2 between sections 212 – 216, and 239 – 243.
BMO cardholders have special privileges through BMO Power of Blue incentives. Check them out at www.bmo.com/powerofblue/.
NO SMOKING POLICY
The stadium is a non-smoking facility. As such, there is no smoking on the stadium’s plaza or inside the gates.
Outside food or drink is not permitted into the stadium. Special considerations will be made for infants (i.e. bottles and unopened baby food), and for medical reasons. Any outside food or beverage will have to be consumed or disposed of at the gates.
Pay parking is available close to the stadium.
- Weapons of any kind
- Anything that could be used as a weapon or as a projectile
- Bottles, cups, jugs or cans of any kind
- Fireworks, flares, or other pyrotechnics
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind, narcotics or other illegal stimulants
- See visual displays of support for flag, banner, and pole policies
- Any sort of animals other than trained guide dogs for the visually impaired
- Any promotional or commercial materials not pre-approved by management
- Spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyes or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable
- Mechanically-operated instruments which produce an excessive volume of noise such as megaphones, air or gas-powered horns
- Laser pointers
- Vuvuzelas and horns
- Masks can be worn to the match; they must be removed in the stadium.
- Computer or other devices used for the purposes of transmitting or disseminating sound, pictures, descriptions or results of the events via the internet or other forms of media
- Other objects which could compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the Event
Skateboards are not allowed and will not be stored.
Any individual who throws, tosses, or otherwise projects any object in the stands, onto the pitch, or in the direction of another spectator, will be immediately removed from the stadium. Thrown objects will become the property of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and will be returned to their owner only at the sole discretion of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and the stadium.
Re-entry is not permitted at the stadium.
Season Ticket holders are encouraged to contact their Whitecaps Account Manager prior to any game to go over options available for tickets that may be going unused. Tickets can be donated to the Kids Up Front Foundation (www.kidsupfrontvancouver.com) on your behalf so that no seats are left empty.