Whitecaps FC Match Day Information
Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches take place at BC Place stadium. The following Match Day Guide is designed to ensure that your experience at BC Place is enjoyable and convenient.
Does your bag meet BC Place guidelines?
Thank you for coming out to support your Whitecaps FC! Please note that in compliance with MLS policy, no bags larger than 14’’x14’’x6’’ will be permitted into the stadium and must fit into the sizing bin available at each gate.
If your bag is oversized, you have the option of checking it on a first-come, first-served basis at the Bike Valet at Gate C. Please note that space at the bag check is limited.
Special consideration for larger bags will be made for guests with medical needs and to parents caring for infants. Event security will open all bags for a visual inspection at the gates and Bike Valet.
Enjoy the match!
ALERT: Due to construction, the outside stadium concourse will be inaccessible between Gates E and G (see map below). Gate F will remain closed. The Bike Valet service, previously available at Gate F, will now operate from Gate C.
All stadium entrances are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair seating is located on Level 2. All suites are also wheelchair accessible.
Please note that the outside entrance designated for those with a disability, located on Pacific Boulevard underneath Gate F at section 147, is currently closed due to construction. BC Place has made temporary access arrangements at section 139 from Impark Lot 457, directly off Pacific Boulevard (closer to Rogers Arena, on Griffiths Way). Guests may request special wheelchair assistance upon arrival by informing staff at the gate.
Note that those fans looking to access the 147 entrance (Level 1) from inside the stadium (for entry to Pitchside Club seating) can still reach Level 1 by using the elevator from Level 2 or 3 (at sections 247 or 347).
The stadium is located at 777 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 4Y8
No discounts on the price of admission will be offered based on the time of your entry. The ticket price is the same whether you enter at the beginning or end of the match.
Alcohol policies are in place to ensure all guests have a great and memorable time during their visit. For those who would like to consume alcoholic beverages, they are available at concession stands throughout the venue, as well as portable beverage stands. Provincial liquor laws prohibit guests from bringing alcoholic beverages into the stadium, and the only alcohol permitted on the premises must be purchased and/or dispensed by authorized stadium servers.
- Guests who appear to be under the age of 30 will be required to show approved identification
- No guest will be served more than two alcoholic beverages at any given time.
- Alcohol beverage sales will stop at the 70 minute mark during Whitecaps matches.
We are proud to offer fans Budweiser, the Official Beer of Vancouver Whitecaps FC, but encourage all fans to drink responsibly and consider all alternate modes of transportation available.
Only certified service dogs or service dogs in training will be allowed into the stadium. All other animals are prohibited.
Changing stations are located in washrooms throughout the stadium. There are also parent and gender neutral rooms available on Level 2.
BAGS / BAG SEARCH
Please note that, in compliance with MLS policy, no bags larger than 14’’x14’’x6’’ are permitted into the stadium on Vancouver Whitecaps FC match days. Soft-sided containers and coolers are also prohibited. Anyone with a bag that does not meet the designated requirements will be turned away at the game. Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and parents caring for infants.
Courtesy of the 'Caps partnership with the Bike Valet, fans will have the option of checking their oversized bag on a first come, first serve at the Bike Valet at Gate C. Please note that space at the bag check is limited.
Event security is required to open all bags at the gates and Bike Valet for a visual inspection before allowing guests’ entry.
All spectators are subject to a patdown upon entry into BC Place. Security measures may be increased based on direction from MLS or FIFA, or orders from the Vancouver Police Department. These procedures may include, but are not limited to, a more thorough search of persons and property as well as a pat down.
Due to these safety procedures, we strongly recommend early arrival to all Whitecaps FC matches.
BANNERS AND SIGNS / VISUAL DISPLAYS OF SUPPORT
For Whitecaps matches, fans are permitted to bring approved tifo, signs, flags, and/or banners (collectively, “Visual Displays”) into the stadium to exhibit their support for the club.
Visual Displays that are 4’ x 8’ or smaller, which comprise solely of the Whitecaps logo, or are a Canadian, Province of British Columbia, or City of Vancouver flag do not require club approval.
All other Visual Displays must be approved by the club, in the club’s sole discretion, and will follow these guidelines:
- All Visual Displays that have messaging on them, must be pre-approved by Vancouver Whitecaps FC Front Office before use at the match.
- Visual Displays will not display any commercial messaging, political messaging, religious messaging or any racist, discriminatory, or inappropriate language.
Any Visual Displays that do not follow the above guidelines may be confiscated.
All Visual Displays that are not approved will not be permitted to enter the stadium.
All Visual Displays must enter through Gate G.
All ticketholders, including any accompanying Visual Displays are still subject to search upon entering the stadium.
To obtain approval for your Visual Display, a minimum of three business days prior to match day, please send an email with accompanying photo of your sign, flag or banner to:
Coordinator, Events and Match Operations
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Upon approval of a Visual Display, a tifo sticker will be issued. The sticker must be adhered to the back of the Visual Display and can be picked up at the Whitecaps office.
BEVERAGES, BOTTLES AND CANS
Empty water bottles are permitted into the stadium and are subject to search at the gate. Bottles can be filled at drinking fountains located on the main concourse.
Bottled water can also be purchased in venue.
Complimentary, safe and secure bicycle parking is provided by The Bicycle Valet (thebicyclevalet.ca), located at Gate C of BC Place. Bike valet service is available from gate opening time to a half hour after the final whistle.
CAMERA AND VIDEO EQUIPMENT
Personal photography is permitted in stadium, provided the images are for personal use only. Photographic support tools that may interfere with others' enjoyment of the match (tripods, professional lenses larger than 200 mm, etc.) are not permitted in the stadium.
Selfie sticks are not permitted in stadium.
Any audio or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer policies.
The use of cellular phones is allowed at BC Place, provided the usage does not interfere with another guest’s enjoyment of the game. Bell is the Premier Founding Partner and Official Telecommunications Partner of Whitecaps FC. We encourage fans to check out their mobile services and phones at www.bell.ca.
Children age two and under will be admitted free as long as the child is sitting on an adult's lap. If a parent requests a physical seat for the child, he/she must purchase a ticket.
CODE OF CONDUCT
BC Place management is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests, according to the following guidelines:
- Fans are encouraged to sing, cheer, and otherwise support their teams while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, team stadium employees, and stadium property.
- Fans will not engage in disruptive behaviour, including foul, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures towards, or in reference to a player, coach, referee, fan, media, or staff member. Fans will also not engage in fighting and are prohibited from throwing objects or attempting to enter the field. Those who engage in any of these actions may be removed immediately from the grounds and remanded to the proper authorities.
- Streamers are permitted in celebration in the designated time windows, when pre-arranged with the Whitecaps FC front office. Streamers may be thrown during goal celebrations, stoppage of play, pre-game, half-time, and post-game ceremonies, as long as there is no interference to the event. Streamers may not be thrown at players, officials, or staff.
- Supporters are never allowed to enter the opposing team’s supporter sections at any time.
- Fans will comply with requests from team and stadium staff regarding stadium operations and from local authorities regarding emergency response procedures.
- Fans will sit in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested. Specific sections are designated as standing areas for supporters. Although standing is allowed in Supporter sections, standing on chairs is not permitted.
- Fans will not smoke in any area of the stadium as it is a non-smoking facility.
- Fans will not exhibit any obscene, indecent, political or inciting messages on signs, clothing or other material. The stadium and Whitecaps FC reserve the right to pre-approve all banners, flags and drums prior to the event. These items must enter though Gate G and are not permitted entry without approval.
- Whitecaps FC and the stadium, in conjunction with MLS, reserves the right to revoke any of these privileges if the Supporters do not cooperate in a respectful manner and abide by Whitecaps and stadium rules, regulations, or policies.
- There will be zero tolerance for the violation of any local, provincial or federal laws.
If someone interferes with your enjoyment of a game, please contact a Fan Force Guest Relations staff for assistance.
If you need assistance during the game call 604-661-3434, email: email@example.com or send a tweet to @BCPlace.
For enquiries after an event please contact 604-669-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centerplate, the food service provider at BC Place Stadium, offers a wide variety of meal choices in the concession stands from your classic hotdog, burger and fries to Vij’s curries, short rib poutine, house smoked meat sandwiches, bacon wrapped hot dogs and house made soups and panini. They take pride in producing items like chili, butter chicken, sushi, panini, soups, and salads in-house utilizing local products.
Whitecaps guests who upgrade to the Club Seats can choose from two Club Lounges that offer items like sushi, garden salads, D original hotdogs (a locally produced natural hotdog made specifically for BC Place), and charcuterie and cheese plates. Centerplate’s Chef also makes his own ketchup and mustard to compliment your favorite meal in this area.
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE AND VAPORIZER
The stadium is a non-smoking facility. As such, there is no smoking on the stadium’s plaza or inside the gates. E-Cigarettes and Vaporizers are not permitted for use while inside the Stadium. Individuals using them inside the facility will be advised that they are not to be used, and continued use may result in removal.
First Aid Stations and rovers are located throughout the concourse on level 2.
LOST AND FOUND
If you lose (or find) an item during the match, please report the loss (or bring the found item) to Guest Services in section 234 on level 2.
Parents looking for a lost child should report to Guest Services located at section 234 on level 2 immediately.
Official Whitecaps FC merchandise is available at stores and kiosks on the concourse on level 2.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
BMO MasterCard is the preferred method of payment for at all Whitecaps matches. BMO cardholders have special privileges through the BMO Power of Blue incentives. Win access to exclusive match experiences such as the BMO Official Coin Toss, the BMO Move of the Match and the Post-Match Kick by showing your BMO MasterCard or debit card at the BMO Power of Blue line, located at Gate A.
As part of the improvements to the speed-of-service, debit payments are no longer available at food and beverage concession stand locations. Credit cards and cash are accepted at all food and beverage concession stands. For guests who require debit as a payment method, ATM machines are located on the concourse at sections 212, 216, 225, 236, 243 and 251. All ticketing and merchandise locations throughout the stadium continue to accept debit, credit card and cash.
NO SMOKING POLICY
The stadium is a non-smoking facility. As such, there is no smoking on the stadium’s plaza or inside the gates.
Outside food or drink is not permitted into the stadium. Special considerations will be made for infants (i.e. bottles and unopened baby food), and for medical reasons. Any outside food or beverage will have to be consumed or disposed of at the gates.
Pay parking is available in multiple lots close to the stadium.
Due to construction, accessible parking will not be available in Impark Lot 456. All paid and unpaid guests requiring accessible parking should proceed to Impark Lot 457 (adjacent lot, closer to Rogers Arena).
- Weapons of any kind
- Anything that could be used as a weapon or as a projectile
- Bottles, cups, jugs or cans of any kind
- Fireworks, flares, or other pyrotechnics
- Hoverboards or drones
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind, narcotics or other illegal stimulants
- See visual displays of support for flag, banner, and pole policies
- Any sort of animals other than trained guide dogs for the visually impaired
- Any promotional or commercial materials not pre-approved by management
- Spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyes or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable
- Mechanically-operated instruments which produce an excessive volume of noise such as megaphones, air or gas-powered horns
- Laser pointers
- Vuvuzelas and horns
- Masks can be worn to the match; they must be removed in the stadium.
- Computer or other devices used for the purposes of transmitting or disseminating sound, pictures, descriptions or results of the events via the internet or other forms of media
- Other objects which could compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the Event
Skateboards are not allowed and will not be stored.
Any individual who throws, tosses, or otherwise projects any object in the stands, onto the pitch, or in the direction of another spectator, will be immediately removed from the stadium. Thrown objects will become the property of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and will be returned to their owner only at the sole discretion of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and the stadium.
Re-entry is not permitted at the stadium.
As soccer is primarily an outdoor sport, Whitecaps FC – in coordination with BC Place – open the stadium’s retractable roof for all matches. In the case of extreme weather (heavy rain, freezing temperatures, etc.), a decision to close the roof may be made. If the weather is questionable, the club will typically confirm the roof’s status about four hours prior to kickoff. Fans can check for updates on match day using the club’s Facebook and/or Twitter handle. It’s always best to prepare for an outdoor experience when attending Whitecaps FC matches at BC Place! – bring a jacket or sweater on cool Spring or Fall match days, and have sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses with you during the hot summer months!
Stroller parking is available at section 231 and next to Guest Services at section 234.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is not responsible for any lost or damaged items. If a stroller parking ticket is lost, proof of identification must be provided in order to claim the stroller.
Stroller parking is available from gate opening time to a half hour after the final whistle. If no strollers are dropped off, stroller parking will close at halftime.
Season Ticket holders are encouraged to contact their Whitecaps Account Manager prior to any game to go over options available for tickets that may be going unused. Tickets can be donated to the Kids Up Front Foundation (www.kidsupfrontvancouver.com) on your behalf so that no seats are left empty.