2013 in Review: #UndefeatedAtHome
1. March 2, 2013: Gershon Koffie’s goal lifts Whitecaps FC to a 1-0 win over Toronto FC on opening day. However, a dark cloud loomed over the victory, as captain Jay DeMerit suffered a torn achilles in the first half of the match.
2. March 9, 2013: Whitecaps FC start the season with a second straight victory, this time a 2-1 triumph over Columbus Crew, highlighted by a goal of the year candidate in the sixth minute.
3. April 13, 2013: A late penalty from Camilo Sanvezzo preserves a point for the Blue and White versus the 2013 MLS Cup finalists.
4. April 27, 2013: The ‘Caps fight back valiantly from 2-0 down to draw FC Dallas 2-2. Rookie Kekuta Manneh emerges with a goal and an assist.
5. May 11, 2013: Halfway through the streak, Russell Teibert records the first two goals of his MLS career against LA Galaxy. Whitecaps FC take down the two-time defending MLS Cup champs 3-1.
6. May 18, 2013: Goals from Camilo and Koffie lead Whitecaps FC to a 2-2 draw versus Portland Timbers in the first Cascadia Cup derby of the season.
7. June 15, 2013: Goals galore at BC Place! In a seven-goal thriller, Whitecaps FC topple New England Revolution 4-3. Kenny Miller scores two goals that were nominated for MLS Goal of the Week.
8. June 19, 2013: Two goals in the span of two minutes from Camilo and Jordan Harvey propel Whitecaps FC to a 3-1 win over Chivas USA.
9. July 6, 2013: History. An early goal from Kenny Miller and a late insurance goal from Darren Mattocks are enough for the Blue and White to secure the club’s first Cascadia Cup win since joining MLS in 201. Whitecaps FC defeat Seattle Sounders FC 2-0.
10. July 14, 2013: The undefeated streak reaches double digits. In a battle between the league's top two scorers at the time, Camilo outduels Chicago Fire’s Mike Magee to catapult the ‘Caps to a 3-1 win. With the victory and FC Dallas’ loss that weekend, Whitecaps FC become the last team in MLS to remain undefeated at home.