Whitecaps FC Showcase presented by Sport Chek
CANADA'S TOP PROFESSIONAL CLUB SHOWCASE
BOYS AND GIRLS APRIL 18 – 20. NEWTON ATHLETIC PARK, SURREY BC
Looking for an opportunity to showcase your talents to both colleges and professional soccer scouts?
Vancouver Whitecaps FC are pleased to announce the 2014 Whitecaps FC Showcase presented by Sport Chek. The 2014 edition will include boys and girls ages U-15 through U-18 competing in a championship game format on April 18 to 20 at Newton Athletic Park in Surrey.
The 2014 Whitecaps FC Showcase provides a unique opportunity for athletes and teams to demonstrate their talents to college and university coaches for scholarship opportunities as well as to senior coaching staff for Whitecaps FC Residency and Girls Elite programs.
“Many Whitecaps FC alumni have gone on to scholarships, while others have pursued professional careers. This showcase leverages the club’s profile, resources, and network to provide a valuable local opportunity for even more players.” - Whitecaps FC Director of Soccer Development, Dan Lenarduzzi.
- Top tier boys and girls teams ages U-15 to U-18 from across Canada and US.
- All BCSPL (EA Sports BC Soccer Premier League) teams ( top tier in BC) competing for championship.
- Three top-class competitive games in championship format
- Approximately 80 teams projected to attend
- Whitecaps vs LA Galaxy MLS match
- College scouts from Canada and the United States
- Whitecaps FC player visit
- Whitecaps FC staff and Whitecaps FC Residency and Girls Elite feature games
Whitecaps vs LA Galaxy MLS Match
- Whitecaps FC match take on the LA Galaxy on Saturday, April 19th at BC Place Stadium
- For discounted tickets, please contact Jennifer Wills, Account Executive 778-330-1358 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounted tickets will be offered on a first-come first-serve basis; accordingly, please confirm your attendance by contacting Jennifer before March 1, 2014
Scouts in Attendance
- Over 150 scouts from various schools across Canada and the US took in last year’s event
- Whitecaps FC Residency and Girls Elite staff will attend.
Championship Game Format
- All teams play three games (includes group play and a championship/placement game)
- Played in accordance with FIFA laws
- U-15 & U-16 play 40 minute halves
- U-17/U-18 play 45-minute halves
- All games will have three qualified officials
- Match balls will be provided (size 5 balls will be used)
- There will be a first aid tent on site throughout the entire weekend
- Group matches will end at full-time - no overtime will be played
- Discipline - any player receiving a red card in a match is subject to an automatic suspension for his/her next showcase game
- Substitutions: BCSPL league games in accordance with league rules - all others are unlimited and at the discretion of the referee
- All teams that require accommodations must book online through the host hotels. Any team that does not will risk being removed from the showcase.
- For hotel information, please contact Chris Murphy email@example.com
Facility and Tournament Headquarters
- Newton Athletic Park, Surrey BC
Competing Teams and Acceptance:
- Age brackets include (Grade 9) 1999 = U-15. Sophomore (Grade 10) 1998 = U-16. Junior/Senior (Grade 11/12) 1997/1996 = U-17/18)
- Teams may register up to 20 players and dress 18
- Whitecaps FC Showcase has limited capacity
- All BCSPL (EA Sports BC Soccer Premier League) teams ( top tier in BC) will be competing for the showcase championship
- Entry in BC will be limited to only BCSPL teams
- Entry is open to all out of province teams in the top tier of play in their province or state
- All out of province teams must have the appropriate province/state travel documentation at the time of check in
- All teams must apply for entry online and be accepted
- Your team is not confirmed as registered in the tournament until you have received an email confirmation from the tournament registrar and registration link for payment
- Registration cost is: $895 + GST
- The registration link below is for the pre-screen. If selected to enter the tournament, you will be sent a link for payment
College/University Coach Registration
- Both Boys and Girls showcase Profile Booklets will be available to pre-registered college coaches
- Coaches also have the opportunity to purchase a Whitecaps match ticket for the April 19th match vs LA Galaxy, at a special discounted price