The Vancouver Whitecaps FC in partnership with the British Columbia Soccer Association (BCSA) are launching the 2008 Whitecaps BCSA U-18 Boys team program. This integrated Whitecaps BCSA team of players born 90 and 91 is designed to develop and profile players throughout the province for university, college, national and European opportunities. This Whitecaps BCSA team will also provide transition opportunities to the Whitecaps Residency program and professional teams. Three members of the 2007 Whitecaps BCSA U-18 team were signed to Whitecaps Residency in 2007. STAFF
- Head Coach - Bart Choufour – Head Coach, Boys Prospects.
- Assistant Coach – TBA
- Support Staff – Includes Thomas Niendorf, Head Coach Whitecaps FC Residency; Teitur Thordarson, Head Coach Whitecaps Men.
PROGRAM This year’s program has a fine balance of top quality training, competition in regular season play against quality Men’s Teams in the PCSL Premier Men’s Division, all capped of with a trip to Europe. The Whitecaps have received the honor of an invitation to a top quality European tournament, the Roda JC U19 International invitational from August 6-15. Training
- Training once a week beginning the end of February, moving to three times a week by mid April at the Whitecaps Training Center at SFU.
- The training will conclude with the tournament August 15.
Competition Pacific Coast Soccer League
- Pacific Coast League (PCSL) Premier Men’s Division (18 regular season games), PCSL (Pacific Coast League) exhibition games.
European Tour - August 6-15. Holland. Includes:
- Training and participation in selected exhibition games.
- Participation in the Roda JC U-19 International invitational tournament.The Roda JC tournament will have the top youth teams (U-19) from Hamburg SV, Borussia Monchengladbach, Olympiakos Pireus, Roda JC, Anderlecht, Feyenoord and Brondby.
SELECTION PROCESS The Whitecaps are putting on a number of evaluation sessions over the months of January and February. All evaluations will be held at the Whitecaps FC training facility, SFU field # 4. There is no cost for the evaluation sessions. Open Sessions Two open evaluation sessions will be held on Friday January 18
- session 1 from 5:00 to 6:45pm
- session 2 from 6:45 to 8.30pm
Invite only Sessions.
- After the first two open evaluation sessions, all other sessions will be invite only, and will run on Wednesdays from 7:00-8.30pm from January 16 to the middle of February.
Final Team Selection
- The team will be selected by the end of February. (18 players, including two goalkeepers).
- Training will begin end of February and the program will finish August 15.
QUESTIONS Please contact Bart Choufour - click here email@example.com All players must register online using the registration link below.
|WHITECAPS BCSA U18 BOYS TEAM REGISTRATION|