Join Whitecaps FC #BuckUp for Mental Health and help us reach our goal of $15,000 by Saturday, May 17 in honour of the club’s 40th anniversary. Fans have raised a total of $10,543 to date after Whitecaps FC's 40th Anniversary Match this past weekend.
A donation will be made to Clara's Big Ride Vancouver Community Champion - The Kettle Society - and the Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division.
How you can #BuckUp for Mental Health: fundraise as a team or individual.
To participate, visit whitecapsfc.com/buckup, create a team or individual “giving group” and share your page with your friends, family, and co-workers. Fundraise as much as you can by Saturday, May 17 because the top five fundraisers will be eligible to win amazing prizes!
Fans can also donate online now (minimum $5 donation) at whitecapsfc.com/buckup until May 17.
The TOP FIVE fundraisers are eligible for the following prizes*:
A 90-minute appearance by Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson and a Whitecaps FC player of your choice. **
- How you can use your prize?
- Have Robinson and a Whitecaps FC player come to your office or attend a community event.
- Visit the Whitecaps FC training facility, receive a behind the scenes tour, and experience the life of a first-team player.
- On a sports team? Have Robinson and a Whitecaps FC player stop by for a motivational talk or soccer demonstration.
- Whitecaps FC Suite Night Watch - Watch Whitecaps FC take on Sporting Kansas City in style with 15 of your friends, family, or co-workers on Sunday, August 10 from a Premium Suite in BC Place. Kickoff at 5 p.m. PT.
- An exclusive opportunity to experience the match on the pitch in the EA SPORTS Fan Bench – the best seats in the house! You and a guest will be right in front of the action on Sunday, August 10 when Whitecaps FC take on Sporting Kansas City at BC Place. Kickoff at 5 p.m. PT.
- 20 Whitecaps FC tickets - Thank 20 of your friends, family and co-workers for donating to your #BuckUp campaign by bringing them to the Whitecaps FC vs. Montreal Impact match on Wednesday, June 25 at BC Place. Kickoff at 7 p.m. PT.
- A team-signed Whitecaps FC jersey - Show your support by wearing a team-signed Whitecaps FC 2014 kit.
* Please note: the top fundraiser will have the FIRST choice of all available prizes, followed by the second top fundraiser choosing next, and so on.
** Appearance restricted to the Greater Vancouver Area in British Columbia, Canada and subject to availability.
Learn more about #BuckUp for Mental Health’s Charity Partners
About Clara’s Big Ride for Bell Let’s Talk - Clara’s Big Ride for Bell Let’s Talk will span 12,000 kilometres over the course of 110 days, beginning in Toronto March 14, visiting 95 communities and concluding in Ottawa on Canada Day, July 1. Clara’s Big Ride for Bell Let’s Talk will help raise awareness and action in mental health and end the stigma around mental illness. Every Canadian can participate in Clara’s Big Ride for Bell Let’s Talk through community events and social media. For more information, please visit Bell.ca/ClarasBigRide or follow the latest news on Twitter at @Bell_LetsTalk or Facebook at facebook.com/BellLetsTalk.
The Kettle Society - Strength through Mental Health supports people living with mental illness to lead healthier lives. The Kettle provides 3,600 individuals with 26 services, a mental health drop-in that is open 365 days a year, a women’s transition house and 400 units of supported housing, with more on the way. To learn more visit thekettle.ca.
Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division - (CMHA) is a nation-wide leader and champion for mental health and promotes mental health for all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness or addiction. Each year, CMHA provides services and supports to over 82,000 British Columbians through their provincial and local programming. To learn more, visit cmha.bc.ca.