TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) apply to all Vancouver Whitecaps FC (the “Whitecaps”) ticket packages. The breach of any of the terms and conditions contained herein will automatically terminate the grant of license evidenced by the ticket.
- Every Whitecaps ticket package is a revocable license which may be withdrawn and admission refused to any Whitecaps event in respect of which the ticket has been issued at any time, in the Whitecaps’ sole discretion, upon refunding the purchase price printed on the face of the ticket less any discount that the purchaser or ticketholder may have received.
- Resale or attempted resale of any Whitecaps ticket at a price higher than that printed thereon, including tax, unless previously expressly authorized by the Whitecaps, is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
- The ticketholder of Whitecaps tickets hereunder is admitted to Whitecaps events on the condition that by using that ticket, the ticketholder agrees not to transmit nor aid in transmitting any description, account, picture or reproduction of the event to which the ticketholder is admitted into.
- Whitecaps tickets may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the Whitecaps express written consent.
- The Whitecaps’ acceptance of payment for a ticket package from any individual or entity who is not the account holder for such ticket package does not grant any rights to such tickets to such individual or entity. Any rights or privileges associated with a ticket package or single event ticket belong only to the account holder of record as entered on Whitecaps’ records. The Whitecaps reserve the right to require that any transaction pertaining to a ticket package or a single event ticket held in a corporate name be supported by appropriate corporate resolutions or other documents.
- Ticketholders have no right to transfer the seat locations designated by their ticket package to any person or entity, whether by a request to transfer the account into another name, or by an attempt to transfer the seat locations by sale, gift, transfer by will or trust, property settlement, transfer to creditors or any other means. Any attempt to sell or otherwise transfer ticket privileges may result in the cancellation of all ticket privileges.
- Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, the Whitecaps may allow an individual ticketholder to request transfer of ticket privileges to members of that ticketholder’s immediate family. Also, if the ticketholder is a business, it may request a change in the name of the contact person for its account. A request to transfer ticket privileges to a family member or to change the contact person must be submitted to the Whitecaps in writing (via certified mail, return receipt requested), and must be supported by appropriate documentation (proof of relationship, official letterhead, signature of authorized company officer, etc.) satisfactory to the Whitecaps. The Whitecaps reserve the right to approve or reject any such requests for any reason.
- The ticketholder grants permission to the Whitecaps and the participating Major League Soccer (the “MLS”) clubs and their agents to utilize the ticketholder’s image or likeness incidental to any live or recorded video display or other transmission or reproduction in whole or in part of the event to which the ticketholder is admitted, and further authorizes the use of the ticketholder’s image or likeness in connection with the promotion of the Whitecaps, the MLS and the sport of soccer.
- Use of tickets is subject to compliance with the provisions of any bylaws or regulations of the City of Vancouver and all terms and conditions of the Whitecaps applicable to such tickets including, without limitation, the following:
- ticketholders are prohibited from bringing cans, bottles and containers for ice or beverages in the event venue;
- ticketholders are prohibited from throwing objects in the stands or onto the playing area;
- ticketholders shall comply with any request by event venue security to display the contents of bags, boxes, packages, etc.; and
- ticketholders shall retain the stub of their ticket on their person at all times while in the event venue pursuant to the right of admission evidenced by the ticket and shall produce the stub upon request by any event venue representative.
- Ticketholders engaging in disorderly or objectionable conduct in violation of the Whitecaps and event venue policies may be ejected from the event in respect of which the ticket has been issued without refund of the ticket price.
- THE TICKETHOLDER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND DANGERS arising from or related in any way to attendance at the event in respect of which the ticket has been issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the such event, including but not limited to the risk of lost, stolen or damaged property and the risk of personal injury or death, including all risk of injury or death resulting from the negligence or misconduct of other spectators. The ticketholder AGREES THAT THE MLS AND THE WHITECAPS, THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED ENTITIES, AND EACH OF SUCH ENTITIES' THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, PLAYERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, OWNERS, SPONSORS, CONTRACTORS AND OTHER AGENTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY RESULTING FROM SUCH CAUSES AND ARE EXPRESSLY RELEASED FROM SAME.
- The Whitecaps reserve the right, in the Whitecaps’ sole discretion, to revoke the ticket package of any ticketholder who has been ejected from an event in respect of which the ticket has been issued for any reason or whose tickets were used by another person who was ejected from an event in respect of which the ticket has been issued for any reason.
- If any dispute, or if any action at law or in equity is brought to enforce or interpret the provisions of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party its actual lawyer’s fees, expert witness fees and all other related costs in addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled whether or not legal action is commenced.
- The Whitecaps reserve the right to relocate ticketholders during the regular season and at anytime during the playoffs to accommodate broadcast or security requirements, or for any other reason in the Whitecaps' sole discretion.
- The invalidity of any provision of this Agreement shall in no way affect the validity of any other provision hereof.
- This Agreement contains all agreements of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement is wholly governed by the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
- In this Agreement, “Whitecaps” means the professional Major League Soccer team owned and operated by VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC LIMITED PARTNERSHIP.
- All deposits and/or payments made are non-refundable.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE