Island Prospects Academy
- Only a limited number of players will be invited to participate
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Train the Whitecaps Way. Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum..
- All sessions developed and delivered by Island Regional Head Coach Craig Angus.
- Regular visits included form Whitecaps FC Vancouver based coaching staff.
- Travel includes Vancouver MLS Weekend for training and a MLS game.
- Connected to the Whitecaps Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and additional opportunities for selected players to train in Vancouver.
- The Whitecaps are committed to work closely with the VIPL and the BCSPL Island Wave as part of the pathway in forwarding players
- Boys & Girls U8 to U12
- Boys & Girls U13 to U17
- Invite only.
- Player remain with clubs.
- Ten month program: three phases (September through June)
- 11 sessions, Sept 22 - Dec 8.
- 11 sessions total
- Mondays 5:30-7:00 pm U8-U12 Boys & Girls
- Mondays 7:00-8:30 pm U13-U17 Boys & Girls
- January 5 - First session for winter
- Jan 5, 12, 19, 26. Feb 2, 9, 16, 23. Mar 2, 9, 16.
- March 16 - last session for winter
- March-June 25
Training sessions will be scheduled as follows:
- Phase 1 and 2 (fall and winter): Indoors at the Arbutus Meadows arena. http://www.arbutusmeadows.com/indoor-soccer
Phase 3 (spring): Outdoors at Bennett Field, Dover Road, Nanaimo BC.
All players must be evaluated to participate.
For any enquiries please contact Island Academy Centre Head Coach Craig Angus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.327.1643
- Winter Registration: $275 + GST
- Fees do not include travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coach.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
- No refunds within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase
- Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact: