Island Prospects Academy
- Only a limited number of players will be invited to participate
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Train the Whitecaps Way. Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum..
- All sessions developed and delivered by Island Regional Head Coach Craig Angus.
- Craig will be overseen by Whitecaps Pre-Residency and Academy centre head coach Bart Choufour who will make regular visits.
- Travel includes Vancouver MLS Weekend for training and a MLS game.
- Connected to the Whitecaps Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and additional opportunities for selected players to train in Vancouver.
- The Whitecaps are committed to work closely with the VIPL and the BCSPL Island Wave as part of the pathway in forwarding players
- Boys and girls U-9 to U-18
- Pre Prospects - U9 to U12
- Prospects - U13 to U16/18
- Invite only.
- Player remain with clubs.
- Ten month program: three phases (Sep. through June)
- Oct 7 to Dec 16
- 1 session a week. (Total 11 sessions). Completed
Jan 6 to March 17.
1 session a week. (Total 10 sessions). Completed
- March 31 to June 25. Now registering for selected players.
- 2 sessions a week. (Total 24 sessions).
- Mondays and Wednesday at Bennett Field, Dover Road, Nanaimo BC.
- March 31. April 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 23, 28, 30. May 5, 7, 12, 14, 21, 26, 28. June 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25.
- Pre-Prospects U9 to U12 - 5:30-7:00
Prospects U13 to U16/18 - 7:00 – 8:30
Training sessions will be scheduled as follows:
- Phase 1 and 2 (Fall and Witner): Indoors at the Arbutus Meadows arena. http://www.arbutusmeadows.com/indoor-soccer
Phase 3 (Spring): Outdoors at Bennett Field, Dover Road, Nanaimo BC.
All players must be evaluated to participate.
Please contact Island Regional head coach Craig Angus at email@example.com or 250.327.1643
- Fees do not include GST.
- Fees do not include travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coach.
- Spring Phase. 12 weeks. 24 sessions: $ 570
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
- No refunds within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase
Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact: