- Only a limited number of players will be invited to participate.
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment.
- Train the Whitecaps Way. Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum.
- All sessions delivered by Whitecaps FC Island Academy Centre Head Coach Kevin Lindo and Associate Head Coach Larry Stefanek.
- Overseen by Whitecaps Pre-Residency and Academy Centre Head Coach Bart Choufour
- Visits included from Whitecaps FC Vancouver based coaching staff.
- Connected to the Whitecaps Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and additional opportunities.
- The Whitecaps are committed to work closely with the VIPL and the BCSPL Island Wave as part of the pathway in forwarding players.
- Boys & Girls U8 to U18
- Invite only.
- Player remain with clubs.
- Ten month program: three phases (September through June)
Fall 2016 - 12 sessions
Pre-Prospects - U8-U12 Boys & Girls (2005-2009)
- Mondays, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. September 12 to December 5
- Optional 2nd session Wednesdays 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm (Sept 14 - Nov 30)
Prospects - U13-U18 Boys & Girls (1999-2004)
- Mondays, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, September 12 to December 5
- Optional 2nd session Wednesdays 5:30-7:00 pm (Sept 14 - Nov 30)
- Inter-academy centre games
- Complimentary access to Pacific Sport VI Athlete Educational Workshops (click here for the PacificSport Events Calendar)
January through March
April through June.
Winter/Fall sessions - Arbutus Meadows Indoor facility
Spring sessions - May Richards Bennet Pioneer Park
Evaluation & Registration
All players must be evaluated to participate.
- Fall $300 + GST (cost has increased as a session as been added)
- Optional 2nd session: $270 + GST (only available if player is registered for the primary session and wishes to add the 2nd session)
- Fees do not include travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coach.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
- Refund requests…
- received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
- Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
- Approved refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact:
Kevin Lindo - email@example.com
Associate Head Coach, Upper Island Academy Centre
Larry Stefanek - firstname.lastname@example.org