Island Prospects Academy
- Only a limited number of players will be invited to participate
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Train the Whitecaps Way. Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum..
- All sessions developed and delivered by Island Regional Head Coach Craig Angus.
- Craig will be overseen by Whitecaps Pre-Residency and Academy centre head coach Bart Choufour who will make regular visits.
- Travel includes Vancouver MLS Weekend for training and a MLS game.
- Connected to the Whitecaps Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and additional opportunities for selected players to train in Vancouver.
- The Whitecaps are committed to work closely with the VIPL and the BCSPL Island Wave as part of the pathway in forwarding players
- Boys and girls U9 to U16
- Pre Prospects - U9 to U12
- Prospects - U14 to U16/18
- Invite only.
- Player remain with clubs.
- Ten month program: three phases (Sep. through July)
- March-June 25
Training sessions will be scheduled as follows:
- Phase 1 and 2 (Fall and Witner): Indoors at the Arbutus Meadows arena. http://www.arbutusmeadows.com/indoor-soccer
Phase 3 (Spring): Outdoors at Bennett Field, Dover Road, Nanaimo BC.
All players must be evaluated to participate. The Spring Academy is now full.
We will be having a Summer Prospects Camp in both Comox July 29 to 30 and Nanaimo July 31 to August 1 that will act as an evaluation and selection tool for the Fall Academy. For more information click here.
For any enquiries please contact Island Academy Centre Head Coach Craig Angus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.327.1643
- Fees TBD
- Fees do not include GST.
- Fees do not include travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coach.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
- No refunds within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase
Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact: