- Only a limited number of players will be invited to participate.
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment.
- Train the Whitecaps Way. Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum.
- All sessions developed and delivered by Interim Head Coach, Bill Merriman.
- Regular visits included form Whitecaps FC Vancouver based coaching staff.
- Travel includes Vancouver MLS Weekend for training and a MLS game.
- Connected to the Whitecaps Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and additional opportunities for selected players to train in Vancouver.
- The Whitecaps are committed to work closely with the VIPL and the BCSPL Island Wave as part of the pathway in forwarding players.
- Boys & Girls U8 to U18
- Invite only.
- Player remain with clubs.
- Ten month program: three phases (September through June)
Fall - 11 sessions
Mondays - Sept 14, 21, 28, Oct 5, 19, 26, Nov 2, 9 16, 23, 30
- Boys U8–U12 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Boys U13–U18 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- NOTE: We've reached capacity on Monday training (as of September 16, 2015).
- Boys U8-U12 will train on Fridays 5:30-7:00 pm - see schedule below
- Boys U13-U18 will train on Wednesdays 5:30-7:00 pm - see schedule below
Wednesdays - Sept 16, 23, 30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 18, 25, Dec 2
- Girls U13-U18 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Optional 2nd session - Boys U13-U18 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Girls U9-U13 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Boys & Girls Keepers U12-U18 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Optional 2nd session - Boys U8-U13 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Location & Dates:
- Beban Park - SAT (Second Artificial Turf) - Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 6, 13,20, 27
- Sherry Field (Beside John Barsby Highschool in Harewood) - Sept 25, Oct 2, 9, 23, 30
Winter - TBA
Spring - TBA.
Monday and Wedensday sessions will be held at Arbutus Meadows Indoor facility.
Friday sessions will be held at Beban Park or Sherry Field.
Evaluation & Registration
All players must be evaluated to participate.
For any enquiries please contact Island Academy Centre Regional Head Coach Bill Merriman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall $275 + GST
- Optional 2nd session: $245 + GST
- Winter TBA
- Fees do not include travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coach.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
- Refund requests…
- received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
- Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact: