Okanagan Prospects Academy
- Only a limited number of players will be invited to participate
- Supplemental club training for advanced boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Train the 'Caps way: Whitecaps FC training curriculum supported by assessments and evaluation
- All sessions developed by Whitecaps FC staff and delivered by Whitecaps FC Okanagan regional head coach David Broadhurst
- Regular visits from Whitecaps FC Vancouver based coaching staff
- Whitecaps FC MLS and Showcase weekends in Vancouver for training and a Whitecaps FC MLS match
- Connected to Whitecaps FC's Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Boys and girls U-10 (2005/2004) to U-18 (1995)
- Two year age block development for boys and girls
- U-10 (2005/2004), U-12 (2003/2002/2001), U-14 (2000/1999), and combined U-15 to U-18 (1998 to 1995)
- Invitation and selection only, 16 to 20 players per training group
- Player remain with clubs
- Ten month program - three phases September through June for a total of 30 weeks
- One 90 minute training sessions per week for a total of ten per phase
- One travel weekend per phase for MLS and Showcase weekends in Vancouver and a Whitecaps FC MLS game
U-10 and U-12 Boys and Girls
- U-10 and U-12 Boys on Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- U-10 and U-12 Girls on Saturdays from 5:35 p.m. to 7:05 p.m.
- Fall Phase - 10 weeks: September 21, 28, October 5, 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 30, December 7
- Winter Phase - 10 weeks: January 4, 11. 18, 25, February 1, 8, 15, 22, March 1, 8
- Spring Phase - 10 weeks: April 5, 12, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24, June 31, 7, 14
U-14 and U-16/U-18 Girls
- On Mondays from 5:45 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Fall Phase - 10 weeks: September 23, 30, October 7, 21, 28, November 3, 11, 18, 25, December 2
- Winter Phase - 10 weeks: January 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb. 3, 17, 24, March 3, 10, 17
- Spring Phase - 10 weeks: April 7, 14, 21, 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9
U-14 and U-16/U-18 Boys
- On Fridays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Fall Phase - 10 weeks: September 27, October 4, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, December 6
- Winter Phase - 10 weeks: January 10, 17, 24, 31, February 14, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21
- Spring Phase - 10 weeks: April 4, 11, 18, 25, May. 2, 9, 23, 30, June 6, 30
Training sessions will take place at Vernon Vantage One Soccer Centre- Marshall Fields. Sessions will be outdoors from September to November, indoors from November to March, and outdoors March through June.
All players must go through an evaluation process and be selected. Please contact David Broadhurst at email@example.com or 250.550.5489.
Participation is by invite only from the regional head coach. Selected players will receive and invite by email to register. There are three payment phases as detailed below.
- Fall fees will be due upon acceptance and registration. Players will receive emails at a later date with payment links for the Winter and Spring phases.
- Fees do not include GST
- Fees do not include any travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coachFees do not include GST
- All new players require a Whitecaps FC training kit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
Vancouver Whitecaps FC will not issue a refund for Academy registrations within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase.
Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact
David Broadhurst at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.550.5489
Local office: 250.545.5808
Whitecaps FC Administrator
email@example.com or toll free 1.855.932.1932
Regional Programs Manager:
Sam Lenarduzzi - firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.928.0453