2016/2017 Program Information
The Vancouver Whitecaps in collaboration with the North Okanagan Youth Soccer Association and School District #22 are offering a formal high performance training academy for grade 8 to 12 male and female athletes that operates in the school timetable, with a commitment to academic and athletic excellence
Evaluation and Registration
- Players will be provided with an opportunity to attend a Prospects academy training session where they will be evaluated for the 2016/17 school academy
- Please contact David Broadhurst for information
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.550.5489.
- Male or female Grades 8 to 12
- Athletes must be able to manage acceptable academic progress while advancing soccer and life skills.
- Athletes must be registered in one of the secondary schools in District #22.
- All participating schools; Clarence Fulton, Kalamalka, W.L.Seaton and Vernon Secondary, are on a common timetable allowing accommodation of course scheduling with speciality programs.
- Athletes get credit for Physical education and a board authority soccer course.
- September 2016 through January 2017 at the VantageOne Indoor Soccer Centre in Vernon
- September to October is 'outdoor' training on Marshall Fields, October to January is 'indoor'
The School academy includes 2 programs:
- Junior - Grades 8 to 9
- College Prep - Grades 10 to 12
- Are bussed from their home school in District #22 to and from the VantageOne Centre
- Remain in their home school in District #22 for all other curriculum courses and subjects
- Attend the centre for 1/2 days Monday to Friday, the equivalent of two time blocks that rotate weekly from morning to afternoon sessions.
Participants follow a Whitecaps FC curriculum used in the club academy that includes field technical development, complemented by strength and conditioning, sport nutrition and psychology and supported by assessments and evaluation.
The program operates out of the VantageOne Soccer Centre in Vernon. Located at 6601 Okanagan Landing Road, Vernon, BC, Marshall Field. .
HOMESTAY OR COMMUTE?
If you do not live in the School District #22 catchment area and daily driving (carpooling) to the program is not a preferred option, the school district has a well-structured homestay program. More info is available on the School District #22 website at http://www.sd22.bc.ca//international/.
All accepted players will be asked to commit to the following payment information.
- Payment 1 - $270 + tax deposit upon registration
- Payment 2 - $590 + tax due September 7, 2016.
- Payment 3 - $590 + tax due November 2, 2016.
- For all payments you will receive a link to pay online via credit card.
Apparel: All new players require a Whitecaps FC training kit. One-time fee, valid for at least 2 years.
- Official Whitecaps FC Academy training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Official Whitecaps FC Academy track suit - $105 + GST
- Refund requests…
- received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
- Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
- Approved refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
Whitecaps FC Okanagan Regional Head Coach
English FA UEFA A
UEFA B Coaching License
Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Sport Science and Education
Psychology for Soccer Certificate
12 years coaching with the Manchester United Soccer Schools at international coaching projects in the UK, Japan and Switzerland.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact:
Whitecaps FC Okanagan Regional Head Coach:
David Broadhurst at email@example.com or 250.550.5489.
Whitecaps FC Administrator:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.669.9283 ext 2297 or 1.855.932.1932