Vancouver Skills Academy
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls, in a Professional Club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Incorporates challenging technique training, speed, agility and quickness, and game play
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC Head Coaching staff
- Boys' sessions delivered by Pre-residency and Academy Centre Head Coach Bart Choufour
- Girls' sessions delivered by Girls Elite Head Coach Jesse Symons
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Boys U-9 (2006) to U-14 (2000)
- Girls U-9 (2006) to U-17 (1997)
- Ten month program: three phases September through June for a total of 32 weeks
- 90 minute training sessions
- September-December (Coming Soon)
- March-June 29/30
One session per week:
|GIRLS: Saturdays||Boys: Sundays|
|U-9 to U-12: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||U-9 to U-11: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.|
|U-13 to U-17: 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.||U-12 to U-14: 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.|
NEW - Add a second session
- Motivated players who are registered in the weekend session can now add a second training sessions
- Boys - Wednesday evenings, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Girls - Monday evenings, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- This second session is by Invite Only
- For more information please contact email@example.com
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
|One Session Per Week||TBD||TBD||TBD|
All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for a suitable training environment, Vancouver Whitecaps FC may cancel the session. All cancellations will be communicated to parents via e-mail and our best efforts will be made to reschedule the missed session.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC will not issue a refund for Academy registrations within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase.
Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932
Whitecaps FC Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 484 7872
Regional Programs Manager - email@example.com or 778.928.0453