- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls, in a Professional Club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Incorporates challenging technique training, speed, agility and quickness, and game play
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC Head Coaching staff
- Boys' sessions delivered by Director and Head Coach, Academy Centres and Pre-Residency, Bart Choufour
- Girls' sessions delivered by Girls Elite REX Head Coach, Emma Humphries
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
- Boys U-8 (2008) to U-14 (2002)
- Girls U-8 (2008) to U-17 (1999)
- Ten month program, two phases - September through June for a total of 33 weeks
- 90 minute training sessions
Phase 1 - Fall 2015 & Winter 2016 - 22 weeks
- Fall sessions: Sept 12/13, 19/20, 26/27, Oct 3/4, 17/18, 24/25, 31/Nov 1, 7/8, 14/15, 21/22, 28/29, Dec 5/6, 12/13
- October 10/11 - Thanksgiving weekend; no sessions
- Winter sessions: Jan 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, 30/31, Feb 13/14, 20/21, 27/28, Mar 5/6, 12/13
- February 6/7 - Family day weekend; no sessions UNLESS a session previous to this date was missed due to weather conditions, in which case training will go proceed on these dates as a make-up session
Phase 2 - Spring 2016- 11 weeks
- Spring sessions: Apr 9/10, 16/7, 23/24, 30/May 1, 7/8, 14/15, 28/29. June 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
- May 21/22 - Victoria Day weekend; no sessions
One session per week:
|GIRLS: Saturdays||Boys: Sundays|
|U-8 to U-10: 9:00-10:30 am||U-8 to U-9: 9:00-10:30 am|
|U-11 to U-13: 10:45-12:15 pm||U-10 to U-11: 10:45-12:15 pm|
|U-14 to U-17: 12:30-2:00 pm||U-12 to U-14: 12:30-2:00 pm|
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
- All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
Important Note: Apparel can only be purchased at the beginning of the phase along with your registration. You must order the apparel in package form (ie training kit, track suit). Please use the following sizing chart to assist you in ordering. Exchanges will not be available.
- No refunds within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase
- Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932