Vancouver Skills Academy
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls, in a Professional Club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Incorporates challenging technique training, speed, agility and quickness, and game play
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC Head Coaching staff
- Boys' sessions delivered by Pre-residency and Academy Centre Head Coach Bart Choufour
- Girls' sessions delivered by Girls Elite Head Coach Jesse Symons
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
- Boys U-9 (2006) to U-14 (2001)
- Girls U-9 (2006) to U-17 (1998)
- Ten month program, two phases - September through June for a total of 33 weeks
- 90 minute training sessions
Phase 1 - Fall & Winter - 22 weeks
- September 13/14 - First sessions for 2014
- October 11/12 - Thanksgiving weekend; no sessions
- December 13/14 - last session of 2014
- January 10/11 - First sessions of 2015
- March 7/8 - Last sessions before spring break
- March 21/22 - Last sessions for winter phase
- *Sunday, March 22 - Boys U9-U11 train at 1:00-2:30pm Field 4; Boys U12-U14 will train at 2:45-4:15pm Field 4
Phase 2 - Spring - 11 weeks
- April 11/12 - First sessions for spring phase
- May 16/17 - Victoria Day; no sessions
- June 27/28 - Last sessions for spring
One session per week:
|GIRLS: Saturdays||Boys: Sundays|
|U-9 to U-13: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||U-9 to U-11: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.**WAIT LIST**|
|U-14 to U-17: 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.||U-12 to U-14: 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.**WAIT LIST**|
*Please e-mail email@example.com to put your son's name on our wait list for U9-U11 OR U12-U14 Boys sessions.
Please include the following information:
Name of Participant:
Year of Birth:
Level of Play:
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
Spring 2015 registration for Boys is full. Please see above regarding adding your son to our waitlist.
All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
At this time registration is for girls only.
- No refunds within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase
- Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932
Whitecaps FC Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.669.9283 ext 2297
Regional Programs Manager - email@example.com or 778.928.0453