- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls, in a Professional Club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Incorporates challenging technique training, speed, agility and quickness, and game play
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC Girls Director and Head Coach Emma Humphries and assistant coach Natalie Lawrence.
- Boys' sessions delivered by Director and Head Coach, Academy Centres, Bart Choufour
- Girls' sessions are overseen and delivered by Whitecaps Girls Elite Head Coach, Emma Humphries, and assistant Natalie Lawrence.
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
- Boys U-8 (2008) to U-14 (2002)
- Girls U-8 (2008) to U-17 (1999)
- Ten month program, two phases - September through June for a total of 33 weeks
- 90 minute training sessions
Phase 1 - Fall 2015 & Winter 2016 - 22 weeks
- Fall sessions: September 12/13 through December 12/13
- Winter sessions: Jan 16/17, 23/24, 30/31, Feb 6/7, 13/14, 20/21, 27/28, Mar 5/6, 12/13
- February 6/7 - Family day weekend; sessions are on this weekend to make up for cancellations at the beginning of January
Phase 2 - Spring 2016- 11 weeks
- Spring sessions: Apr 9/10, 16/7, 23/24, 30/May 1, 7/8, 14/15, 28/29. June 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
- May 21/22 - Victoria Day weekend; no sessions
One session per week:
|GIRLS: Saturdays||Boys: Sundays|
|U-8 to U-10: 9:00-10:30 am||U-8 to U-10: 9:00-10:30 am|
|U-11 to U-13: 10:45-12:15 pm||U-11 to U-12: 10:45-12:15 pm|
|U-14 to U-17: 12:30-2:00 pm||U-12 to U-14: 12:30-2:00 pm|
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
- Option 1: Full Payment; pay for both phases at once and receive a savings of $50.
- Phases 1 & 2 - $845 due upon registration
- Option 2: Pay for each phase individually.
- Phase 1 - $595 due upon registration
- Phase 2 - $300; payment link will be sent to you in winter 2016
- $300 - due upon registration
- Current players have been emailed a link to register; new players can register at this time; limited spaces available
- Girls spots still available, please click here to get info on registration for girls.
- Boys sessions have reached capacity, please click here to join the waiting list.
- All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
Important Note: Apparel can only be purchased at the beginning of the phase along with your registration. You must order the apparel in package form (ie training kit, track suit). Please use the following sizing chart to assist you in ordering. Exchanges will not be available.
- Refund requests…
- received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
- Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932