Vancouver Goalkeeper Academy
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Includes footwork, diving, handling, shot stopping, crosses, distribution and organization
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC head goalkeeping staff
- Includes High Performance Coach Raegyn Hall
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Boys and girls U-10 (2005) to U-18 (1997)
- Ten month program: two phases, September through June for a total of 33 weeks
Phase 1 - Fall & Winter - 22 weeks
- September 12 - First session for fall
- October 10 - Thanksgiving weekend; no sessions
- December 5 -Last session for 2014
- January 9 - First session for 2015
- March 6 - Last session before spring break
- March 20 - Last session for winter phase
Phase 2 - Spring - 11 weeks
- April 10 - First session for spring phase
- May 15 - Victoria Day; no session
- June 26 - Last session for spring
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
- Group 1 (U-10 to U-12): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 2 (U-13 to U-14): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 3 (U-15 to U-18): Fridays 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Open registration
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
Option 1: Full Payment; pay for both phases at once and receive a savings of $75. (Payment option 1 expired as of October 6, 2014).
Phases 1&2 - $825 due upon registration
Option 2: Pay for each phase individually.
Phase 1 - $595 due upon registration
Phase 2 - $300; payment link will be sent to you in winter 2015
- Fees do not include GST
All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
- No refunds within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase
- Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932
Whitecaps FC Administrator - email@example.com or 604.484.7872
Regional Programs Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.928.0453