Vancouver Goalkeeper Academy
- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Includes footwork, diving, handling, shot stopping, crosses, distribution and organization
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC head goalkeeping staff
- Includes High Performance Coach Raegyn Hall
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Boys and girls U-10 (2004) to U-18 (1997/1996)
- Ten month program: three phases September through June for a total of 32 weeks
- Development Academy and Prospects Academy
Fall Phase - 12 weeks
- September 13 - Dec 6
Winter Phase - 10 weeks
- January 10 - First sessions for 2014
- March 14 - Last sessions before spring break
- Two week break for spring
Spring Phase - 12 weeks
- March 28 - First sessions after spring break (Girls Showcase)
- April 18 - Easter weekend, no sessions (Boys Showcase)
- May 16 - Victoria Day weekend, no sessions
- June 27 - Last sessions for 2014
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
- Group 1 (U-10 to U-12): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 2 (U-13 to U-14): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 3 (U-15 to U-18): Fridays 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Open registration
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
|U-10 to U-12||$225||$250||$300|
|U-13 to U-18||$300||$250||$300|
- Fees do not include GST
All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
In the event that weather conditions do not allow for a suitable training environment, Vancouver Whitecaps FC may cancel the session. All cancellations will be communicated to parents via e-mail and our best efforts will be made to reschedule the missed session.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC will not issue a refund for Academy registrations within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase.
Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932
Whitecaps FC Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.484.7872
Regional Programs Manager - email@example.com or 778.928.0453