- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Includes footwork, diving, handling, shot stopping, crosses, distribution and organization
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC head goalkeeping staff
- Led by Boys Pre-Residency and Girls Elite REX Goalkeeping coach, Mike Norris
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
Boys and girls U-10 (2006) to U-18 (1998)
Phase 2 - Spring - 11 weeks
- Spring sessions: Apr 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 27. June 3, 10, 17, 24
- May 20 - Victoria Day weekend; no sessions
Boys and girls U-10 (2007) to U-18 (1999)
- Ten month program: two phases, September through June for a total of 33 weeks
Phase 1 - Fall & Winter - 23 sessions
- September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 14, 21, 28, November 4, 11, 18, 25, December 2, 9, 16
January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 17, 24, March 3, 10
No sessions: October 7 Thanksgiving, February 10 Family Day*
*unless we need to use it as a make-up sessions
Phase 2 - Spring - 10 sessions
April 7, 21, 28, May 5, 12, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23
No sessions: April 14 Easter, May 19 Victoria Day
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
- Group 1 (U-10 to U-14): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 2 (U-15 to U-18): Fridays 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC Regional Training Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
Phase 1 (September 2016 to March 2017)
- Option 1: Full Payment; pay for both phases at once and receive a savings of $50.
- Phases 1 & 2 - $850 due upon registration
- Option 2: Pay for each phase individually.
- Phase 1 - $625 due upon registration
- Phase 2 - $275 payment link will be sent to you in winter 2017
Phase 2 (April 2017 to June 2017)
- $275 due upon registration
- Players in Phase 1 will be given a priority registration window.
*Fees do not include GST
- All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
- Refund requests…
- received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
- Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
- Approved refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
- Every player participating in the academy is required to be registered with a soccer club in BC
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932
Whitecaps FC Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.669.9283 ext 2297
Regional Programs Manager - email@example.com or 778.928.0453