- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Includes footwork, diving, handling, shot stopping, crosses, distribution and organization
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC head goalkeeping staff
- Includes High Performance Coach Raegyn Hall
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
Boys and girls U-10 (2006) to U-18 (1998)
- Ten month program: two phases, September through June for a total of 33 weeks
Phase 1 - Fall & Winter - 22 weeks
Sept. 11, 18, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov 6, 13, 20, 27, Dec. 4, 11.
Oct. 9: Make up for missed session on Sept. 25th
Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29, Feb. 12, 19, 26, Mar. 4, 11
NO SESSIONS Feb 5 Family Day weekend *Unless we need to use it as a make-up session
Phase 2 - Spring - 11 weeks
- Dates to be confirmed
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
- Group 1 (U-10 to U-12): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 2 (U-13 to U-14): Fridays 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group 3 (U-15 to U-18): Fridays 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC RegionalTraining Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Please note that you will receive a parking pass from Whitecaps FC staff which you MUST display in your car dashboard in order to receive the flat rate.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
Option 1: Full Payment; pay for both phases at once and receive a savings of $50.
Phases 1 & 2 - $845 due upon registration
Option 2: Pay for each phase individually.
Phase 1 - $595 due upon registration
Phase 2 - $300; payment link will be sent to you in winter 2016
- Fees do not include GST
- All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $80 + GST
- Refund requests…
- received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
- received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
- Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
- No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
- Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
- In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
For general questions:
Whitecaps FC Fan Services - 604.669.9283 ext. 1 or toll free 1.855.9321932
Whitecaps FC Administrator - email@example.com or 604.669.9283 ext 2297
Regional Programs Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.928.0453