Northern Prospects Academy
- Supplemental club training for advanced players in a professional club environment
- Only 16 to 20 players per training group will be invited to participate
- Two year age block development (U-10, U-12, U-14 and combined U-16 to U-18)
- Participants follow a Whitecaps FC age specific curriculum that includes field technical development, strength and conditioning and sport nutrition, supported by assessments and evaluations
- All sessions developed by Whitecaps FC staff and delivered by Whitecaps FC Northern regional head coach Sonny Pawar
- Visits from Whitecaps FC Vancouver based coaching staff
- MLS or Showcase weekends in Vancouver to train with Whitecaps FC Vancouver staff, and watch a Whitecaps FC MLS game
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Boys and Girls training groups with 2 year age block development.
- U10 (2004/2003)
- U12 (2002/2001)
- U14 (2000/1999)
- U16/18 (1998 - 1995)
- Invite and Selection only 16 to 20 players per training group
- Players remain with clubs
- Ten month program: three phases September through July.
- Training sessions per week vary with program age.
- 1 travel weekend per phase.
- Sept. 24th to Dec 7th Indoor and outdoor
- U10 and U12 – 1 session a week. 10 sessions total
- U14 and U16/18 – 2 sessions a week. 20 sessions total
- Jan. 6 to Mar 15. All indoor
- U10 and U12 – 1 session a week. 9 sessions total
- U14 and U16/18 – 2 sessions a week. 18 sessions total
- May to August. All outdoor
- U10 – 2 sessions a week. 24 sessions total
- U12 – 2 sessions a week. 24 sessions total
- U14 and U16/18 – 2 sessions a week. 24 sessions total
Please note location information below.
- Sept 25, Oct 2, 9, 16. Wednesdays 6 to 7:30. - Rotary Fields
- Oct 21, 28. Nov. 4, 11, 18, 25. Mondays 5:30 to 7. NSC
- Sept 24, 26, Oct 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17. Tuesday and Thursdays 7:30 to 9pm. Rotary Fields
- Oct. 23, 30. Wednesdays 6:30 to 8pm. NSC
- Nov. 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 27, 30. Dec. 4, 7. Saturdays 10:30 to 12pm and Wednesdays 6:30 to 8. NSC
- Sept 24, 26, Oct 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17. Tuesday and Thursdays 6:00 to 7:30pm. Rotary Fields
- Oct. 23, 30. Wednesdays 5:00 to 6:30. NSC
- Nov. 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 27, 30. Dec. 4, 7. Saturdays 9:30 to 10:30
All outdoor sessions will take place at the Prince George Youth Soccer Fields. All indoor sessions will take place at the Northern Sports Center at UNBC.
|U10 and U12||$250||$250||$450|
|U14 and U16/U18||$450||$450||$450|
- Fall fees will be due upon acceptance and registration. Players will receive emails at a later date with payment links for the Winter and Spring phases
- Fees do not include GST
- Fees do not include any travel projects which will be detailed by the regional head coach
- All new players require a Whitecaps FC training kit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC will not issue a refund for Academy registrations within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase.
- Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
If you have any questions please contact:
Sonny Pawar - Whitecaps FC Regional Head Coach - firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.649.5856