Kootenays East Skills Academy
- Open to motivated players serious about soccer
- Supplemental club training for advanced boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum supported by assessments and evaluations
- Selected players will be identified and given the opportunity to travel and train with the West Prospects program whenever possible
- All sessions developed by Whitecaps FC staff and delivered by Whitecaps FC Okanagan regional head coach Brett Adams
- Connected to Whitecaps FC's Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
A regional program strategy will be in place for the Kootenays (West and East) in order to have weekly training sessions. The Kootenay West Prospects Academy will primarily be open to players from Nelson, Castlegar and Kootenay South. This year Whitecaps FC will operate a Kootenays East Skills Academy out of Cranbrook and be open to Eastern based players. While the West program will operate as the main Kootenay hub, selected players from the East Skills Academy will be identified and given the opportunity to travel and train with the West Prospects program whenever possible. As the East Skills Academy develops, it will mirror the West Prospects program as well as our other academy centers across the province. It is important to note that the program is designed to provide supplementary training that supports and enhances the programs currently running through NYSA, KEYSA, KSYSA and other local soccer associations.
- Open to all motivated boys and girls
- Program to begin September 24 and 25
- Four training groups initially with a broad age range
- Two boys groups U-9 to U-12 and U-13 to U-17
- Two girls groups U-9 to U-12 and U-13 to U-17
- Target is 15-20 players per training group. Additional training groups will be added if the numbers support it.
- Players remain with clubs
Three training phases:
- Ten month program: three phases September though June for a total of 30 weeks
- One 90 minute training session per week for a total of ten per phase
- Phase one starts September 24/25 and ends November 26/27
- Phase two starts January 7/8 and ends March 11/12
- Phase three starts April 1/2 and ends June 3/4
Location Training Schedule and Location
All outdoor sessions will take place at Moir Park, McLaughlin Field in Cranbrook.
- Tuesdays U9 – U12 girls 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Tuesdays U13 – U17 Girls 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Wednesdays U9 – U12 Boys 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Wednesdays U13 – U17 Boys 6:30 – 8:00 pm
We will be working closely with KEYSA to determine the spring training phase schedule. This will be announced as soon as it is in place but it is important that players are able to attend KEYSA programming as well as Whitecaps FC programming.
Training sessions will be scheduled as follows:
- Outdoors from September to October/November
- Indoors from November to March
- Outdoors from March/April through June
2013/2014 Program: includes three payment phases.
- Fees do not include GST
- Fall fees will be due upon acceptance and registration. Players will receive emails at a later date with payment links for the Winter and Spring phases.
All new players require a Whitecaps FC training kit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $75 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $65 + GST
- Fees do not include: Travel projects
Vancouver Whitecaps FC will not issue a refund for Academy registrations within 2 weeks of the first session. Once we are within 2 weeks, your registration and payment are locked in for that phase.
Registration refunds, minus a $25 administration fee, may be issued only in cases of emergency and/or medical grievance given a note from a medical professional.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact
Brett Adams - firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.777.2173.
Whitecaps FC Administrator
email@example.com or toll free 1.855.932.1932
Regional Programs Manager:
Sam Lenarduzzi - firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.928.0453