- Be part of the Whitecaps FC BMO Academy Centre network.
- Supplemental Academy training and events in a professional environment.
- Topics covered include footwork, diving, handling, shot stopping, crosses, distribution and organization.
- Led by Mike Norris, Boys MLS Academy and Girls Elite REX Goalkeeping coach.
1. Goalkeeper Academy (Fall 2019 - Spring 2020) - U10 - U18. All levels. Open registration.
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
1. Goalkeeper Academy
- Ages as of September 2019: U10 (2010) - U18 (2002)
- 10 months with 2 phases:
- Phase 1: September - March.
- Phase 2: April - June.
- 60 minute sessions for U10 - U12 & 90 minute sessions for U13 - U18. See times & dates below.
Phase 1 (Fall 2019 & Winter 2020) - Fridays
- U10 - U12 (2008 - 2010) - 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- U13 - U14 (2006 - 2007) - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- U15 - U18 (2002 - 2005) - 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
September: 6, 13, 20, 27
October: 4, 18
November: 1, 15, 22, 29
December: 6, 13
January: 10, 17, 24, 31
February: 7, 14, 21, 28
No session October 11, 25, November 8
Phase 2 (Spring 2020) - Fridays
April: 3, 17, 24
May: 1, 8, 22, 29
June: 5, 12, 19, 26
No session April 10, May 15
Location & Parking
Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
- Parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but you receive a flat rate of $3.50.
- There is a 15 minutes grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up.
- Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to Field #4
- SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration & Payment
Goalkeeper Academy - Fall 2019 - Winter 2020
- Phase 1 (Fall 2019 - Winter 2020)
- U10 - U12 - $365 + tax
- U13 - U18 - $550 + tax
- Phase 1 & 2 bundle (Fall 2019, Winter 2020 & Spring 2020)
- U10 - U12 - $535 + tax
- U13 - U18 - $800 - Save $50!
- Note: fees do not include any travel/match events.
- To register, please use link below
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suits
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $90 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $105 + GST
- Important Note: apparel can only be purchased at the beginning of the phase along with your registration. You must order the apparel in package form (ie training kit, track suit). Please use this sizing chart for your order. Exchanges will not be available.
- Players are grouped on ability and progress. Players may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion.
- Staff reserve the right to refund fees if, at any time, the program is deemed unsuitable.
- To view our policies, please click here.
Mike Norris - email@example.com