Vancouver Whitecaps FC has been an integral part of the sports community for over 40 years, and the club has a vested interest in making sure our youth have the tools and opportunities to make positive life choices. Whitecaps FC presents the ‘Caps Kick Smart program, which provides a platform for Whitecaps FC coaches, players, and alumni to introduce kids to soccer in a fun and interactive way, inspiring them to make active and healthy choices, on and off the pitch. The program consists of a demonstration from Whitecaps FC coaches, players, and alumni, like Carl Valentine and former Whitecaps FC player and national team star Sam Lenarduzzi.
Throughout the demonstration we focus on the importance of:
- Sportsmanship and positive attitude on the field, in school and at home
- Hard work and determination
- Healthy and active choices
'Caps Kick Smart Program Details
The 'Caps Kick Smart program is designed for Lower Mainland elementary school students between grades 1–7 (ages 6–12). Students will enjoy a 45-minute indoor demonstration on soccer basics such as dribbling, passing, and ball control. During the demonstration, there will be an opportunity for selected students to attempt these skills, while being encouraged by their peers and Whitecaps FC coaches, players, and alumni.
Best of all, the 'Caps Kick Smart program is offered to schools at no cost.
How to apply your school for the ‘Caps Kick Smart Program
Please use the form below to submit your application in the ‘Caps Kick Smart Program.
- Submission of the online application form does not guarantee school participation in the ‘Caps Kick Smart Program
- Participating schools will be chosen and scheduled based on Vancouver Whitecaps FC availability
- Applications are now being received for the 2017 Kick Smart Program