Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a club reporter with a passion for soccer, the community and engaging storytelling that will serve them both.
As a member of the club’s broadcast and communications team, the club reporter will provide a constant flow of entertaining features and informative club news.
How you will contribute:
- Help grow the club through entertaining and informative storytelling, as well as news coverage for multiple platforms (broadcast, digital, social)
- Plan, produce and present on camera a robust schedule of compelling club stories
- Conduct interviews and contribute stories to broadcast partners when required
- Research and identify original story ideas that advance a league-leading level of club coverage
- Regular presence and engagement on social media
- Edit video using the latest non-linear technology
- Work a flexible schedule to include weekday, weekend, and evening shifts to meet multiple filing deadlines and ensure up-to-date coverage
- Collaborate with the digital team to amplify the reach of storytelling efforts, using social channels to grow audience, extend the reach of feature stories
What are we looking for:
- Vibrant personality, on-air presence and outstanding storytelling skills
- High soccer IQ and knowledge of Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Video shooting/editing capability
- Excellent interpersonal and external communication skills and an ability to maintain good working relationships with all players, coaches, internal staff and management
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and see a project through from start to finish
- Knowledge of social media and digital platforms
- A solid understanding of the interests of the club's fan base
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract are required
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French
- Post-Secondary education in journalism or broadcasting preferred
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited paid time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.