VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC host Seattle Sounders FC in the first leg of the 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs Western Conference Conference Semifinal. Kickoff at BC Place is at 5:30 p.m. (Limited tickets available.)
Here’s a look at Vancouver’s starting lineup.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
24.Stefan Marinović; 28.Jake Nerwinski, 4.Kendall Waston ©, 26.Tim Parker, 17.Marcel de Jong; 66.Aly Ghazal, 16.Tony Tchani; 7.Christian Bolaños, 50.Nosa Igiebor, 20.Brek Shea; 12.Fredy Montero
1.David Ousted, 2.Jordan Harvey, 8.Andrew Jacobson, 11.Nicolás Mezquida, 13.Cristian Techera, 23.Bernie Ibini, 29.Yordy Reyna
- Manager Carl Robinson makes two changes to his starting lineup from Wednesday’s 5-0 Knockout Round win over San Jose Earthquakes
- Nosa Igiebor and and Brek Shea come in for Yordy Reyna and Cristian Techera
- Reyna and Techera both picked up knocks in Wednesday’s match and did not train fully yesterday. They will be available off the bench.
- 10th time this back four has started together, with a previous record of 5-1-1 in MLS play and 1-0-1 in CCL play
- Six changes from the last meeting against Sounders FC on September 27. All six have not played against Seattle this season: Marinović, Nerwinski, de Jong, Ghazal, Igiebor, and Shea. Only de Jong (w/ SKC) and Shea (w/ ORL and DAL) have ever played Seattle
- Seven starters in their first year with the club, including five who were acquired after the first CONCACAF Champions League match at New York
- Keeper Stefan Marinović starts his fourth consecutive match with Whitecaps FC – has posted a 3-2-1 record, saving 26 of 31 shots on target with a 0.83 GAA
- WFC are 14-9-3, six shutouts, and +12 GD (46GF – 34GF) when Waston starts and 2-3-4, two shutouts, and -6 GD (9GF – 15GA) when not in the line-up
- Midfielder Aly Ghazal has now started nine of the last 11 matches, WFC are 4-2-2 when he plays
- Second career MLS match for midfielder Nosa Igiebor after making his debut starting the regular season finale at Portland. Led the team that day with 37 successful passes, three tackles, three interceptions, and a 92.5% passing accuracy. Was second the on the team with 48 touches, while only playing 73 minutes
- Starting XI includes eight different birth countries including players from North, Central, and South America, Africa, and Oceanian: Canada, USA (x3), Costa Rica (x2), Colombia, Egypt, Cameroon, Nigeria, and New Zealand