Position Title: Coordinator, Academy Centre Operations
Location: Christine Sinclair Community Centre
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Head Coach, Girls Elite Academy
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Soccer Development department in the position of Coordinator, Academy Centre Operations.
The Coordinator, Academy Centre Operations will be responsible for all administrative and member service deliverables for the Club’s academy centre and camp programming.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary lead for responding to all phone/email general program, Academy Centre and Camp inquiries.
- Execute administrative tasks related to program registrations, including but not limited to:
o Processing refund requests and credit transfers
o Payment Plan inquiries
o Offline payment facilitation
- Provide support with email list generation for outbound promotional email communication through Salesforce Marketing Cloud and send outbound emails for any program-related notices to participants.
- Support academy centre apparel order and distribution requirements.
- Support on-site operations at Academy Centres, camps and project programming in Vancouver.
- Champion Safe Sport practices and work closely with club leadership to foster a positive and enriching culture within the Girls Elite Academy program.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- 2+ years in a similar role, in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven organizational skills, with highly accurate attention to detail.
- Strong initiative, with demonstrated problem-solving and sound decision-making skills.
- Outstanding communication and people skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the Club.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective listener, with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in generating written reports.
- High degree of personal integrity, with the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to be highly effective working independently as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment.
- Ability to manage and appropriately prioritize a large workload effectively and efficiently.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequently changing, fast-paced work environment while managing shifting deadlines, and changing initiatives.
- Availability to work match days and other special events.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Coordinator, Academy Centre Operations
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.