Position Title: Account Executive, Group Sales
Location: 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Manager, Youth & Group Sales
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Ticketing Sales & Service department in the position of Account Executive, Group Sales.
The Account Executive, Group Sales is responsible for providing superior customer service and managing assigned accounts with the Whitecaps season ticket members.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directly contribute to increasing revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects, meeting or exceeding all revenue targets as assigned
- Expand and develop Whitecaps FC youth soccer ticketing program (Kickin’ With the ‘Caps)
- Assist in the sale of subscription and premium ticketing products as required
- Help grow our supporter base by generating contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities, conducting presentations as needed
- Respond to inbound calls and meet/exceed conversion targets as well as guest service expectations
- Build and maintain digital records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships through exceptional guest service
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders
- Assist with additional game day duties, special events and promotions as required, including supervision and coordination of large groups an of both youth and adults
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum 1-3 years’ proven sales or service experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of effective sales processes, from first engagement to close of sale
- Self-motivated, hard-working, with a positive energy and a high degree of professionalism
- Adaptability, receptive new ideas and processes with the ability to learn quickly
- Strong time-management, attention to detail and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and positive, approachable personality
- Ability to work well autonomously, yet thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Related diploma or degree preferred, but combination of education/experience will be considered
- Flexibility to work BC Place match days and other special events as needed on evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and virtual meeting platforms (MS Teams, Zoom)
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Account Executive, Group Sales
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.