Account Executive, Sales
Our mission is to unite and inspire our communities. On the pitch, Vancouver Whitecaps FC is steeped in North American history, dating back to 1974. After making the jump to MLS in 2011, our club has found success year over year. Breaking club point records, continuing the tradition of lifting the Cascadia Cup, winning our first-ever Canadian Championship, and finally bringing the MLS Cup playoffs to BC Place.
The club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Sales Account Executive for our ticketing department. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for generating new revenue through increasing Season Ticket sales and all other Whitecaps ticket product offerings to new and returning members, with a focus on a high level of guest service to ensure client retention and achievement of sales targets.
How you will contribute:
- Directly contribute to increasing revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects, meeting or exceeding all revenue targets as assigned
- Help grow our supporter base by generating contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities, conducting presentations as needed
- Respond to inbound calls and meet/exceed conversion targets as well as guest service expectations
- Assist with the building and management of the sales database
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships through exceptional guest service
- Effective communication of service policies/procedures to Ticket Members in a professional manner
- Support all learning and development opportunities within the team
- Assist with Game Day duties and provide support during special events and promotions
- All other position-related duties as required
What are we looking for:
- Minimum 1-3 years proven sales or service experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of effective sales processes, from first engagement to close of sale
- Self-motivated, hard-working, with a positive energy and a high degree of professionalism
- Adaptability, receptive new ideas and processes with the ability to learn quickly
- Strong time-management, attention to detail and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and positive, approachable personality
- Ability to work well autonomously, yet thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Related diploma or degree preferred, but combination of education/experience will be considered
- Flexibility to work BC Place match days & other special events as needed on evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and virtual meeting platforms (MS Teams, Zoom)
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, nontraditional workplace that truly cares about people and our communities
- Centrally located in Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Excellent training and support to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email a PDF version of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Sales Account Executive in the subject line.
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.