Position Title: Assistant Coach, MLS Academy
Location: National Soccer Development Centre (UBC), Vancouver, BC
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Head Coach, MLS Academy
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Soccer Development department in the position of Assistant Coach, MLS Academy.
The Assistant Coach, MLS Academy will be responsible for providing on and off-field leadership and general coaching support for the Academy teams. This role will also support and uphold the overall club methodology and four pillars.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with designing and implementing an annual training plan (ATP), team/individual training sessions, and the technical aspects of the match-day planning.
- Attend all training sessions, games, and competitions and travel with the team to all away matches
- Provide on-field support for all on-field activities and assist or lead other age groups sessions (as required)
- Support the Head Coach with planning and delivery of individual, unit, and team meetings and attend and support the delivery of all player evaluation meetings.
- Support the Head Coach to deliver all the video analysis needs of the players and teams.
- Provide on-field support to the HPP Head Coach with individual player training and IDP
- Attend scheduled staff meetings by members of the Whitecaps FC management team.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- Minimum Canada Soccer National B Coaching License, Youth License, or international equivalent preferred (Can also be in the process of receiving)
- Knowledge of and support for the Canada Soccer LTPD model
- Experience with coaching youth soccer and the design of associated programs
- Must have at least three (3) years of coaching experience in a youth high-performance environment with preference given to those who have worked in Provincial and/or National programs, and/or with professional clubs
- A demonstrated passion for coaching and teaching
- Ability to build a team environment that is positive, inclusive, supportive, and inspiring
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to implement a challenging and progressive learning environment
- Proficiency with video analysis tools and training session software platforms is an asset
- Must complete a Vulnerable Sector Check and additional background screening
- Must successfully complete MLS Safe Sport training
- Must possess a passport and be able to freely travel internationally
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Assistant Coach, MLS Academy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.