The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Assistant, Executive is responsible for ensuring that the highest standards of organization, administration and support are delivered to the CEO & Director, Sporting.
Hours are varied, but will normally be Monday to Friday and may require working games and special events on weekends and evenings.
- Work directly with the executive team to ensure all travel, expenses, lunches, and meeting requests are carried out in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain the calendar of the executive team
- Schedule meetings on behalf of the executive team as needed
- Assist the CEO & Director, Sporting and their family with logistical requirements and be available during off hours to answer requests or calls (evenings/weekends)
- Coordinate with the executive team and their direct reports to ensure all organizational initiatives are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate travel logistics for the executive team and clients as required
- Assist with high level preparation and host duties during games and special events
- Manage special projects and duties requiring a high level of confidentiality
- Travel within Vancouver to complete errands as needed
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of management knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 3- 5 years in an Executive Assistant role
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, analytical and planning skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a business administration field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products and above average knowledge of computer technology (i.e. adaptable to learning new software systems and can competently troubleshoot minor issues)
- Flexible availability including nights, weekends, and holidays
- A clean and valid BC driver’s license
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.