Camp Coach, Soccer Development
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Camp Coach, Soccer Development.
This role will provide on and off field leadership for the training and development of summer camp participants, while supporting and upholding the overall club philosophy and objectives.
The term of this role will be active throughout May-August and hours will vary from part time to full time depending on program schedules.
- Guide and lead young soccer players (aged 7-16) through our development curriculum.
- Work with a team of professional coaches to plan and execute our soccer programs.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of training methodologies and ensure that they are maintained on a regular basis.
- Provide clear communication and good customer service to participants, parents, and administrators
- Show appropriate behavior and maintain suitable conduct towards athletes, officials, and spectators.
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct, including Safe Sport measures, as well as lead by example.
- Complete program tracking and maintain good records
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- A passion and enthusiasm for working with children and youth from all backgrounds and skill levels
- Must have or be willing to successfully complete the following (the Club will cover all costs):
- A valid criminal record check
- Respect in Sport certification
- Making Ethical Decisions certification
- Able to be trained over zoom by VWFC development staff
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
- Flexibility to work match days and other special events as needed on evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Coach development plans will be established to determine a suitable training program for each coach brought into the club
- Training and certification available to help develop your career
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.