Our mission is to unite and inspire our communities. At our core, we are a community-driven organization that uses soccer to build capacity and community. “Community” is not a box we check – it is who we are.
Reporting to the Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Community, you will assist with the planning and operational execution of Whitecaps FC community initiatives and you will work closely with our newly launched, independent Whitecaps Foundation.
You will manage and execute community programs and initiatives for the team including the club’s:
- Mobile Soccer Experience
- Community camps/clinics
- School programs
- Grassroots, community events and activations
- Internal and external fundraising efforts
- Week of Action and other signature community events
- Partner activations
In addition, you will support the club’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives within the organization and in the broader community.
What are we looking for:
To succeed in this role, you will be outgoing and solution-focused. You will have a passion for developing and delivering grassroots community initiatives and understand how sport can build and grow communities. You will also have the following:
- 3+ years experience in a related role planning and delivering programming, initiatives, and community events (work or volunteer)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- A keen eye how to continually improve and enhance programs to benefit all stakeholders
- Proven success designing and delivering activations with local sport organizations and non-profit organizations
- Excellent organization, planning & forecasting skills
- Experience with grassroots fundraising events
- Able to manage budget to deliver profitable programs and activations
- Outgoing, people and solution-oriented personality
- Driver’s license
- Flexible schedule/availability
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, nontraditional work environment
- Centrally located in downtown Vancouver
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited personal time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.